lagging body part and squats

T

timmay8989

Awards
sorry if this has been discussed before, i ran a search and didnt find anything

so if heavy squats increase testosterone production, would it help to hit a a lagging body part on a day with squats? My chest in particular has been lagging. Im wondering if hitting a few sets of heavy DB bench press after squats would help?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

so if heavy squats increase testosterone production, would it help to hit a a lagging body part on a day with squats? My chest in particular has been lagging. Im wondering if hitting a few sets of heavy DB bench press after squats would help?
If your able to do some heavy benching after some good sets of squats you didn't do enough.

T

timmay8989

Awards
well after I catch my breath and stop seeing stars. how long do testosterone levels stay elevated after a heavy set of squats?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
They dont have to be balls to the walls heavy. Ive done my 5X5 on a chest day. The main focus was legs but my chest is def a laggin bodypart due to genetics. So i did
Squats- 15 5 5 5 10
DB Press- 8 6 6 10(dropset)
Incline DB- 8 6 6 10(dropeset)
Decline DB - 6 6 6
I din not notice much as far as increase in size or intenstiy but i wont do it often because it is so taxing. Not neccessarily on body parts but more so CNS(central Nervous System) I just get a big mood swing and make sure if you do do "big" muscle groups on the same day you get the proper nutrition afterward, more carbs and ptotein. Its stressfull on the body.

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
Without going in to indepth detail.. that's not really how it works. When you do heavy compound lifts, yes your body releases larger amounts of test but just because you're doing a squat or a deadlift or any other taxing lift, dosn't mean all the test/growth is being centered on the particular muscle you're working. Similar to how a person who only bench presses because they want a larger chest.. after a certain point the pec will stop growing.. but if they add another heavy compund lift to their routine.. the pec will continue to grow. In short.. No need to do a heavy set of squats or deads or any other compound movement after you bench. As long as you have those big compound movements in your routine, it will supply all your muscles with a good amout of testosterone, aiding in muscle growth.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
There was a study awhile ago saying though that a miniscule amount on trainign day does help. Also, as a$$ backwards as it sounds...and this is strictly of the top of my head theory....Wouldnt making sure you do so continue to aid in recovery? I mean if chemicals are being released in fair enough amounts? Like after a shoulder, bi, etc, day doing squats may have its benefits? Now of course ill say it again nutrition is def the key to everything in either case.
I know my "idea" is fairly far off and alomst ridiculous but just a thought to spark conversation.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

Due to my school schedule, I can only wo 3-4 times/week. I started doing shoulders on leg day. Believe me, if I didn't have to I wouldn't. Shoulders are lagging, and a damn nagging shoulder injury just won't quit. So based on my experience, I have to say no. Legs by themselves are enough. If test is boosted from squats, its a negligable amount. In fact I would say its a myth. But of coarse I could be wrong.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There was a study awhile ago saying though that a miniscule amount on trainign day does help. Also, as a$$ backwards as it sounds...and this is strictly of the top of my head theory....Wouldnt making sure you do so continue to aid in recovery? I mean if chemicals are being released in fair enough amounts? Like after a shoulder, bi, etc, day doing squats may have its benefits? Now of course ill say it again nutrition is def the key to everything in either case.
I know my "idea" is fairly far off and alomst ridiculous but just a thought to spark conversation.

It's all going to depend on what sort of recovery times you have and that varies immensely person to person. At age 35 I now recover much more slowly than I used to and personally, I'd be a zombie if I tried to work out every single day.

Now, if you rotate in some very light excercise in the days between heavy lifts that might be ok, but on the whole, your CNS is THE limiting factor that you really can't do much about. Diet and training are under our control but how fast you produce nuerotransmitters is difficult to control.