Cardio while cutting/building mass with Epistane?

1. Banned

Cardio while cutting/building mass with Epistane?

Would a little bit of cardio be beneficial, or absolutely none at all? If so, then for how long and how often? Before and/or after lifting?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

doing weekly cardio is good for the heart, but in the interest of gaining muscle it wouldn't be wise to combine your cardio sessions with your weightlifting sessions. if you combine cardio and lifting you risk prolonging your exercise sessions to the point where your workouts become counterproductive. with resistance activity, cortisol levels elevate within your body. lifting weights heavily for 45 min to an hour then following it up with cardio will only delay the amount of time it takes you to get food into your system and will keep cortisol high. so keep your cardio days separate, IMO
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

It's really best to emphasize one or the other in phases. The biggest problem with doing cardio right after resistance training, although prime for fat burn, but its like the guy before me said, it prolongs the time you can get food in your system and I won't even get into the effectiveness and importance of immediate post-exercise meal and supps. I'd prioritize.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Sick avatar by the way
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    It's really best to emphasize one or the other in phases. The biggest problem with doing cardio right after resistance training, although prime for fat burn, but its like the guy before me said, it prolongs the time you can get food in your system and I won't even get into the effectiveness and importance of immediate post-exercise meal and supps. I'd prioritize.
    it's important to get some food in your system after your workout, but i think post workout nutrition is too over-hyped for it's actual purpose. the primary purpose of the post workout meal is to bring some sort of nourishment to your system (thru carbs and protein) to hold you over until you can get a full balanced meal in your system about an hour later. if you're not hungry an hour later for a whole meal with real food, then you likely ate too much post workout. how quickly you replenish your glycogen stores PWO is not as important as getting something in your system to blunt cortisol and satisfy you until you get home.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Building Mass With Malicious Intent
    By zombiemuscle in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:23 AM
  2. Using Insulin with IGF while cutting?
    By Grant in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. Using PGH while cutting, along with IGF
    By Grant in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 10:58 PM
  4. Please help with IGF-1 while cutting
    By zeus007 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:18 AM
  5. diet help while cutting with 1-test