Advice on a bodyweight routine

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Since I can't make it into the gym and lift due to recovery from an injury, I'd like to try some bodyweight exercises at home so I can at least stay somewhat active. I haven't been to the gym in 8 weeks, but would like to add some kind of bodyweight routine to my schedule.

I was thinking maybe 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, and 100 squats per day. Do you think this is too much, or too little? What can I do for my back? Pull-ups would be ideal, but I don't have a pull-up bar at home, and nothing to hang on to to do pull-ups.

Cardio would consist of stationary bicycle (can't run or use elliptical due to a bad ankle injury) for 25-30 minutes, maybe 3-4 times a week.

What do you guys think? Anything I can add, or take away from this? It doesn't seem like it's enough, but maybe it is? Please critique my plan. Thanks.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I did 125 squats and 60 push-ups yesterday. Definitely felt like a cardio workout.

I did 25 squats, then 15 push-ups, rest, repeat.

I'm going to work my way up and see where I'm at after 4 weeks, then maybe get back into the gym and start lifting again, depending on how I feel.

On the days I don't do bodyweight exercises, hopefully I'll get to the gym and use the stationary bicycle for 25-30 minutes.

I'm hoping to do the cardio 2-3 times a week, and the bodyweight stuff 4-5 times a week.

Do you guys think this looks good?

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Try to find a copy of that book Dinosaur Bodyweight training. Someone was giving it out on this forum earlier. Has a bunch of exercises.

Blake100

Awards
Try doing single leg exercises for legs!
Squat, splitsquat, lunges...
Have some bands while doing push-ups, or add weight on your back(have a little brother or sister lay on top of you, i mean on your back :p).
Use slow negatives, and explosive positives. Do pull-ups. One arm pull-ups. One arm push-ups.

There are endless options!