The 300 Workout

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody gave this workout a try? It's a lot like crossfit, and definitly looks like an ass-kicker. I'm probably going to give it a try in a few days, and I'll post back my time.
If you've done it, how was your time?

Here's how it goes (continuous clock starting at the first exercise):
25 pullups
50 deadlifts @ 135lbs
50 pushups
50 box jumps
50 "Floor wipers"
50 Kettleball clean + press (can use a 35lb DB)
25 pullups

Comes out to be 300 reps, but is more notably known because of the movie.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
when I read up on it, this wasn't the workout, but moreso the "test". The idea was to see how short of a timespan they could do this in. I think the best time was around 17 minutes. I could be remembering wrong tho :)

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
when I read up on it, this wasn't the workout, but moreso the "test". The idea was to see how short of a timespan they could do this in. I think the best time was around 17 minutes. I could be remembering wrong tho :)
No you are correct - this is the "test". The workouts were all sorts of crazy ideas, like flipping tires, sprinting one revolution around, flipping it again, and cool routines. I couldn't find the best time though on this test - you say 17 minutes? I'd definitly like to beat that, and it is without a doubt possible... I think the floor wipers are my biggest weakness, as I just don't do them too often at all.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thats only 3 seconds per rep average. I know theres no way I could beat that anytime soon :D

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
thats only 3 seconds per rep average. I know theres no way I could beat that anytime soon :D
I think you'd be suprised... crossfit brings out the fighter in you! I know your currently ill (read in another thread), but give it a go when your feeling up to it! Such addictive stuff...

It's a little late in the day for me to try this workout today (gym is getting busy), but I have time tommarow to hit it in the morning. As you can see, you kind of need a lot of space to be able to complete this effeciently. Jumping from exercise to exercise could be very difficult in a busy gym!
I'll post back tommarow with my results. Shooting to hit under 17 minutes, but I know that will be most likely incredibly tough. Lets see if the NavySeal crossfit workouts have paid off!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
sucks having kids in daycare. between them bringing it home and incubation periods, its such a pain to get rid of illness in the house

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I would like to try this workout sometime next Summer. Sounds like it would be a great workout for cardiovascular health and to help with overall fitness.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I would like to try this workout sometime next Summer. Sounds like it would be a great workout for cardiovascular health and to help with overall fitness.
I cannot say how much fun these workouts are. I honestly can't say it enough... I've been the traditional "3 sets of 10" or "5 x 5" in the recent years, and it can just be a bore after a while. Crossfit brings in the time factor, and each and every workout you can strive to better your efforts. Incredibly addictive... once you do it for a few workouts you are "HOOKED!" That is a term used so often when speaking of crossfit workouts, and I attest that it is definitly true!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Got lazy after my run... currently either pushing my attempt off until tommarow or I might make it in tonight if I feel like I can give it a solid go.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Once I get back into lifting hopefully in a month, I'm going to do a FB workout for a few months, then work on a BB split, then maybe upper/lower, and then hopefully towards the end of the Summer, I can try this workout for about a month or so.

Is this something that can be done 3 times a week?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Once I get back into lifting hopefully in a month, I'm going to do a FB workout for a few months, then work on a BB split, then maybe upper/lower, and then hopefully towards the end of the Summer, I can try this workout for about a month or so.

Is this something that can be done 3 times a week?
All looks well, if you so choose to go that route (I don't see anything wrong with it), except when speaking in terms of this particular workout.

Workouts like these (check out Crossfit.com and the NavySeal Crossfit site too), base their workouts on variety. "Routine is the enemy" - A common quote regarding Crossfit. So what I'm getting at is that you shouldn't do this particular workout more than once a month, or something of that like.
If you choose to implement workouts such as these into your program, check out those sites and use theirs (you can always substitute exercises... you'll see what I mean)... you won't be dissapointed!
Do take note however, that Crossfit workouts are all about intensity. A good 85 percent of the workouts are timed events, such as "complete 5 rounds of these exercises as fast as possible". You get taxed pretty heavily, depending on how much you put into it. Again, you'll see what I mean! It's real fun stuff, and VERY addicting, but do make sure to take plenty of rest (Crossfit.com workouts are 3 days on, 1 off, and usually 1 of those workouts is a lighter one).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pigskinplayer 35 and Older 9
Training Forum 5
the GUNSHOW Training Forum 32
Training Forum 12
getbigbyjune Training Forum 64