John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dotn have any pictures and I might post some if I can find ideally what Im looking for.

Anyways Im doing a program that focuses on my back width

Some people say dont do wide grip; howvere since I stopped and changed to medium grip by back got smaller(at least in my mind) so Im doing Widegrip again

so for angel wings- Widegrip Pullups or chins(and medium grip) or pulldowns if the range of motion is great enough. I personally find pulling up or chinning more effective. The difference is chining is underrhand, Pullups are overhand

lower lats close grip pulldown or pullups

IFrank sane had this challange and Arnold recommended Barbell rows and Franks lower lats grow so Barbell rows

Wide grip cable rows

please add if you can contribute . Thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bar Rows with a v-handle and DB Rows help out as well. Pullovers are great for developing the lower lats and serratus as well.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the best lat growth i've ever had was from DB ROWS

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes they all are effective in different ways for best development. but i feel like i am cumming when i do db rows.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes they all are effective in different ways for best development. but i feel like i am cumming when i do db rows.
Arnold Copycat-Just kidding

There was actually a study done that Db rows worked more back muscles than Barbell rows or T bar rows. I dont know where the study is but I saw it.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
db rows are my favorites and if done correctly hit the whole lat, top to bottom. I dont do too much pulldowns besides my first excercise to get a good stretch, so i dont think are too big in the width department, even if thats what everyone says about pulldowns. I feel rows are better back builders than pulldowns.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a big fan of these. That's how I prefer to do my barbell rows most of the time.
I have small wrists, so I can't do these without a lot of pain. I have been hitting the DB rows really hard lately and can tell a difference. I think that these are one of the best exercises to use in a DC fashion.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Yates Rows.

Incline Bench/Prone DB Rows.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is a video

Click around 3:57 of the video and hit pause. See how the sweeping lats flarred out,insert into his lower back, making the front lat speak look incredible

This is a good image of the lats im looking for

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a video

Click around 3:57 of the video and hit pause. See how the sweeping lats flarred out,insert into his lower back, making the front lat speak look incredible

This is a good image of the lats im looking for
i cant see the vid but i must say if you dont have the genetic build youll have a hard time getting lower lat width. Its genetic to have really low swept lats...good luck.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer DB Rows and T-Bar Rows to BB Rows, but they all should be used in any routine worth it's salt.
agreed 100%. all 3 should be used in some variety

for me a typical back day uses
2 row exercises
btn pullups
deads
btn pulldowns

some things vary of course dependent on the routine

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
All you need to make your entire back grow is..
Deads
Bent over BB rows
Weighted Pullups, Pronated and supinated grip.

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
All you need to make your entire back grow is..
Deads
Bent over BB rows
Weighted Pullups, Pronated and supinated grip.
Grow? Yes. The bread and butter exercises recruit the most muscle groups at once and should be the basis for almost every routine. However there are so many muscle groups in the back and you can do the most variations of exercises due to the angles you can use. Genetics aside, it's impossible to fully develop your back with great detail if you ignore a lot of these exercises.

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
You're absolutely right.. But until a trainee reaches an advanced intermediate level of training, those 3 basic exercises will be more efficient than any other. It's amazing how something as simple as changing a grip variation can change an exercise such as Bent over BB rows and make a huge difference in how it targets the muscles....

Grow? Yes. The bread and butter exercises recruit the most muscle groups at once and should be the basis for almost every routine. However there are so many muscle groups in the back and you can do the most variations of exercises due to the angles you can use. Genetics aside, it's impossible to fully develop your back with great detail if you ignore a lot of these exercises.