why so weak?

Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

why so weak?

im 22 6'2 215. Ive benched 375X1, dead lifted 365X5, and squatted 335X5. In the past year ive done a total overhaul on my diet and now am almost all organic and generally health foods. I have never felt better nor looked better. My strength is non-existant. Ive been told i dont get enough carbs, but could that be the only reason?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.79%

I switched to organic foods last year. I didnt notice a drop off in strength. I ordered organic protein powder without Gluten or Artificial sweetners and continued to keep my same supplements. I have not been sick or felt run down since i made the switch.

Are you playing any sports that require a great deal of stength?

If not and you look and feel better why not just go with it ?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

What does your workout look like? Try doing compound lifts with alot of frequency and switch it up with speed work to work your fast twitch fibers. Also a good routine for squats is Smolov. Intense but very rewarding.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.6%

Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    im 22 6'2 215. Ive benched 375X1, dead lifted 365X5, and squatted 335X5. In the past year ive done a total overhaul on my diet and now am almost all organic and generally health foods. I have never felt better nor looked better. My strength is non-existant. Ive been told i dont get enough carbs, but could that be the only reason?
    If you feel good and look good who cares if your "weak". I shouldnt say that because you might enjoy training heavy but I envy guys who dont need to go heavy .
    Overall its better on the joints just better on the body if you can lift lighter weight and get the same efffects as lifting heavier.
    I do each set at 45 sec intervals once I get started so lighter weight feels heavier so far so good . Carbs and sleep do play a big role in power as does not overtraining
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.39%

depends on your goals. personally, i'd rather look like i can put up a **** load of weight rather than be fat and haul heavier loads. it's just not attractive in my book. if you consider yourself to be in the best shape of your life, well then more power to ya bro. don't be so concerned with training for strength. strength will come back to you over time. post the particulars of your diet and training and maybe we can set you in the right direction if something is amiss.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.44%

hmmm
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.44%

Good for you, I'm almost in the other side of the boat there,.
    I am having trouble getting large, but strength seems to be high. Squats ar at 12*300 10*320 8*330 6*350 for a typical set, yesterday i squeezed out 360 for 3 at the end. I try to eat a lot and up cals, but seems to be going to waist. I do a full body routine MWF. and get about 7 hours sleep. Job is stressful as hell, though, owning a restaurant sometimes sucks. I am sure my age may play with that also, but I feel about 25, not 40.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.6%

Quote Originally Posted by ftchef View Post
    Good for you, I'm almost in the other side of the boat there,.
    I am having trouble getting large, but strength seems to be high. Squats ar at 12*300 10*320 8*330 6*350 for a typical set, yesterday i squeezed out 360 for 3 at the end. I try to eat a lot and up cals, but seems to be going to waist. I do a full body routine MWF. and get about 7 hours sleep. Job is stressful as hell, though, owning a restaurant sometimes sucks. I am sure my age may play with that also, but I feel about 25, not 40.
    I used to go to a gym where there were a few guys OVER 5o and unreal . They looked better than the rest of us
    I knew them well enough and for yrs to say they were natural they took stuff like Powerfull but natural as far as no roids or growth hormone.
    I knew them because time I used to train at 4am before work they just got off work they worked for city utilities .
    I subscribe to training a muscle only once a week thats just me but I picked it up from them.
    Have you ever tried it I mention it only because for me I wouldnt look like I ever worked out if I didnt let the muscles rest your routine would destroy me.
    Everyone is different so thats just me but 40 lol thats nothing .
    Stress I dont care about but sleep I need . My brother in law had a restaurant in Miami he loved it but eventually sold it due to my sisters nagging over the hours and no weekends free .
    Now he is miserable in an office job oh well I warned him not to marry her lol
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Have you ever tried it I mention it only because for me I wouldnt look like I ever worked out if I didnt let the muscles rest your routine would destroy me.
    Everyone is different so thats just me but 40 lol thats nothing .
    Stress I dont care about but sleep I need . My brother in law had a restaurant in Miami he loved it but eventually sold it due to my sisters nagging over the hours and no weekends free .
    Now he is miserable in an office job oh well I warned him not to marry her lol
    I wonder if thats where my holdup is. I used to train on a 3 day split and seemed bigger then. Once I started doing 3 day full body, though, it is hard to go back to just 2 muscle groups in a workout session.
    Remember, though too, full body is only one set per muscle group per workout. I dunno... any ideas?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ftchef View Post
    I wonder if thats where my holdup is. I used to train on a 3 day split and seemed bigger then. Once I started doing 3 day full body, though, it is hard to go back to just 2 muscle groups in a workout session.
    Remember, though too, full body is only one set per muscle group per workout. I dunno... any ideas?
    maybe return to your old routine

Similar Forum Threads

1. Forskolin; why so little real-world feedback?
    By Sub7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
  2. Red Acid Gen 2 - Why so little feedback?
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 03:02 AM
  3. why so many posts on these prohormones?
    By sizzurp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 06:05 PM
  4. Why so short with ph's??
    By tommyboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 05:23 PM
  5. Boldione why so expensive.
    By DreamWeaver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 01:20 PM