Benching heavy, worried about tear, might already have some? Help!

kingdiamond

Awards
On two seperate occations when benching, I felt a very strange tearing feeling on the pec muscle right up near the armpit, the area the bicep muscle and chest muscle connect I guess. Happened once on both sides. Both times I had to take about 2-3 weeks off heavy benching and take it easy. After that I recovered fine. I guess it could not be a tear but I think thats what it is. I'm thinking I had a couple micro tears?

For the last couple weeks on chest day each previous injury area has felt sore, like it is ready to be re-injured. Honestly I am not sure what to do? How can I prevent re-injuring myself? Has anyone had this type of problem? My technique is pretty good but could any problems be there? Am I not stretching enough? I stopped doing things like dips and flys a year ago.

I do 315lb for sets of 8-10 full reps, and I'm 6'4 so I have a long range of motion.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
how low do you go with the bar? theres not much need to go anywhere below upper arms parallel with floor. With a long reach if you are taking bar to touching chest its a bad thing....

kingdiamond

Awards
I touch my chest on every rep, theres no way I could start cheating

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established