The 500Ib challenge, whats yours?

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
So a friend and i have set the challenge between ourselves, first person to...

500Ib Deadlift
500Ib Squat
500Ib Bench

With a £500 bet who ever gets there first.

We're both 23 and roughly the same weight right now, but he's shorter than me by a good 4/5 inches and stronger. Though this might run for 10 years before we reach that bench, il be pinning next year ;-) hehe.

Intrested to see what other people have done in moments of wisdom!?

A

ATH3386

Awards
So a friend and i have set the challenge between ourselves, first person to...

500Ib Deadlift
500Ib Squat
500Ib Bench

With a £500 bet who ever gets there first.

We're both 23 and roughly the same weight right now, but he's shorter than me by a good 4/5 inches and stronger. Though this might run for 10 years before we reach that bench, il be pinning next year ;-) hehe.

Intrested to see what other people have done in moments of wisdom!?
Would love to hear current numbers.. Im thinking train all of them with a MAIN focus on one. For example.. Bench will take THE longest.. by way far. Either nail bench early and then really focus on squat and deads.. or nail squat and deads early and then dedicate almost all effort to bench. Do bench programs from Dave Tate etc etc.

Id do the Squat/Dead first since these will increase overall mass as well.. Bench would probably get rises from these.

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Im at

270Ib bench
350Ib squat
440Ib deadlift

The challengers at

330Ib bench
400Ib squat
460Ib deadlift

As you can see its going to take years to get all 3 up especially bench. Its all fun and games!:dl: :squat:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
id like to get into the 1300 club (total for the 3 major lifts) rolling around 1100 right now. Id start with catching him in squats first.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
You will never bench 500, squat paralell 500 not likely. Deadlifting 500 is your closest goal to be acheived.

Reminds me of this kid who walked in one day and said I AM GOING TO BENCH 600lbs one day. Probably 5'5" 18yo maybe 150 wet. I said ok, see your thursday and Ill train you. Never seen him since. Kids:wave:

I would make the goal more realistic, as 365 for bench is what alot of people get stuck at. I havent hit over 365 yet and it sucks. ANd he is 60lbs past you already!

D

donk

Awards
You will never bench 500, squat paralell 500 not likely. Deadlifting 500 is your closest goal to be acheived.

I would make the goal more realistic, as 365 for bench is what alot of people get stuck at. I havent hit over 365 yet and it sucks. ANd he is 60lbs past you already!
Don't listen to stuff like this. If you want to hit those goals it will happen but will take around 3-6 months to for your deadlift1-2 years for squat and proabable 5+ years for bench.

Start training Westside style and those lifts will go up fast but take care not to tear anything by getting gready with max lifts.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/40695-westside-training-articles.html

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Id like to see how many natural people in the world hit a 500lb bench. IMO after 365 it gets hella hard.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
500lb dead is cake for the person w/ the right build.

500lb parallel squat is really hard, but doable within a couple years for you I'd say at your current squat weight.

500lb bench is a whole different beast. I've been in the low 400's, but getting past that point is REALLY fwcking hard.

Best of luck. 500£ is a nice prize! :D