longer biceps

steroidmonkey

steroidmonkey

Awards
hi, my biceps are like big balls. They are pretty strong, i can curl 45 lb dbs but w.e. I want to ask how can i fill in the point from my bicep to my forearm, there is a big space there. Hammer curls? preachers??

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's mostly genetics that determine the shape/length of your biceps. Some say you can fix that problem with preacher curls, but I'm not convinced that's totally possible.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rpen basically touched on this already, but I thought this was also a good post/summary by Diezel at CS:

for mass...heavy bb curls

for lenght and lower thickness..incline or preacher curls or with the arm blaster to get the stretch or full extension of the biceps

for height..concentration curls with db or cable and dumbell movements emphazing on twist of the wrist.

for outside bicep.. curls done inward such as narrow grip bb narrow preacher curls.

for inner biceps...bb curls wide grip. preacher curl wide grip .incline db curl
standing or sitting db curl

for sepration and definition....

high set training, supersets..trisets. try to use as mant different bicep execises as possible, especially dumbel movements that allows you to train at the greatest variety of angles and lots of one-arm movements to creat maximum isolation.

and remember after every completionof each set of any dumbell curl execise rotate the wrist 180 deg 5-6 times for that extra peak.

steroidmonkey

steroidmonkey

Awards
k so basically if it is genetics im screwed, But w.e im still gonna try to do some incline and preachers

by the way thx guys:clap2:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still do those anyways. Incline DB curls are one of my favorite biceps exercises.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I still do those anyways. Incline DB curls are one of my favorite biceps exercises.
Yep, mine too. Im gonna switch up and start doing close grip BB curls for a week or two and see how that goes.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
hi, my biceps are like big balls. They are pretty strong, i can curl 45 lb dbs but w.e. I want to ask how can i fill in the point from my bicep to my forearm, there is a big space there. Hammer curls? preachers??
If you can stick 3-4 fingers into the space between where your arm bends and the beginning of your bicep, then you're going to be able to generate a great peak, but it will be at the expense of longer fullness. And all of the preachers, inclines, etc aren't going to help. The problem is genetics; specifically, where the muscle attaches (insertion point) to the skeletal frame.

I have the opposite issue. While I have good fullness, I can never attain a good peak when I flex. The more mass you carry, the more it can appear to fill that gap, but the bicep won't get any longer due to the generic limitation. However, as you gain overall mass you'll probably find this less problematic.

steroidmonkey

steroidmonkey

Awards
If you can stick 3-4 fingers into the space between where your arm bends and the beginning of your bicep, then you're going to be able to generate a great peak, but it will be at the expense of longer fullness. And all of the preachers, inclines, etc aren't going to help. The problem is genetics; specifically, where the muscle attaches (insertion point) to the skeletal frame.

I have the opposite issue. While I have good fullness, I can never attain a good peak when I flex. The more mass you carry, the more it can appear to fill that gap, but the bicep won't get any longer due to the generic limitation. However, as you gain overall mass you'll probably find this less problematic.
so what ur saying is that if i work the peak of my bicep i can have some sweet peaks???

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
If you can stick 3-4 fingers into the space between where your arm bends and the beginning of your bicep, then you're going to be able to generate a great peak,
I can fit 2 max, my right got a nice peak, the left is more of a mass haha.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My right bicep attaches and my left doesnt.lol

My left chest is biggger than my right..lol

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Focus on good stretching exercises, such as incline DB curls. You can also try preacher curls, concentrating on contracting the biceps at the lower part of the movement, and getting as full of stretch as you can. Also try stretching and flexing in between your sets to keep the pump going, and to really stretch your biceps muscle, getting as much blood pumped into them as possible!

Since I've been practicing flexing and fully stretching my muscles between sets, I've noticed my biceps already appear more full and will contract harder than they used to if I flex them. It really does pay off!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My right bi is longer than my left, my left wants to be more of a ball, but the more I workout (I have been liking one arm preacher curls lately) the less I can actually tell a diff.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
I have always used dumbbell hammer curls in my bicep routine for that reason..... dumbbell hammers always make the insertion point near the elbow sore (lower bicep)....and I attribute my bicep length to that exercise.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's mostly or all genetic. Sadly to say some people never will have a certain muscle shape. I'll never have peaks like Arnold.(Unless I do synthol and know EXACTLY how to make it look real) and I'll never do synthol. I don't have bicep peaks.

Usually after you train for 1-2 years that's what your body shape is going to look like the rest of your bodybuilding days. You'll get bigger but your weak body parts will always be your weak and like-wise for your stronger ones.

Black people usually have better genetics than white people for whatever reason(and some german folks). It's always the small white guys that I always hear complaining in the gym(and on the internet) that if any-one is bigger than them, gains faster, etc that they must be on steroids. That are simply ignorant to the fact that they don't have good genetics and it's an ego-bust and no-one could have better genetics than themselves.I don't care what your genetics , any-ne or almost any-one(maybe not Woody Allen) can get very big if you put in smart and hard work.