Recovery

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Lately I've really been picking up the volume in my training, which consists of:
running (at least 4 days a week, normally 5)
swimming (around 3 days a week, following a speed run session)
lifting (around 3 days a week, not counting light bodyweight exercises)

I'm fairly new to training at this kind of volume, and I don't want to burn out. I don't think I will, but the occasional sluggishness does not help one bit. Any ideas on ways to supplement the CNS in recovery? As in diet tips, supplementaion ideas, or even workout times. Basically, I'm looking for some insurance to make sure I don't overtrain and go the other way with my training.

As a side note, I eat a clean diet consisting of the same foods:
Chicken, occasional lean ground turkey/ground hamburg, fish
Whole grain pasta, brown rice, oatmeal
Veggies and apples/bananas

Generally comes out to be around 50g fat/400g carbs/200g protein. That is complete estimate however.

Along with some other supplements, I take Anabolic Pump/P-slin before my carbohydrate heavy meals (3 a day, around 100g carbs each). A multivitamin and fish oils are present at each of these three carbohydrate meals, along with sesamin 3 times a day.

Thanks

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
IMO great diet, plenty of sleep and the occasional week off always works for me.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
IMO great diet, plenty of sleep and the occasional week off always works for me.
This is good advice, but specifically, I would keep an eye on your protein intake. Not enough protein and you simply wont recover - especially first thing in the morning but even moreso right before you go to sleep at night. Also if your still getting sore for days and days on end, this is a good sign that you need to check all of the above or change your routine a little. Others might not agree, but I reckon L-Glutamine is good for helping with recovery.