Critique My Workout

Flex55

Awards
I HAVE MADE SOME GOOD GAINS FOLLOWING THIS TRAINING SCHEDULE, BUT FEEL I COULD BE DOING A LOT MORE. MY DIET IS VERY CLEAN (185LBS - 10% BODYFAT) AND I AM A PROTEIN FREAK. SOME OF THE SUPPLEMENTS I USE ARE PROCOMPLEX PROTEIN POWDER, GLUTAMINE PEPTIDES, BEVERLY BCAA, BEVERLY MULTI-VIT, AND ECO LABS VOLUMIZER.

HERE IS MY WORKOUT:
DAY 1: CHEST/TRICEPS
DB FLAT BENCH PRESS* 5X12/10/8/6/4-6
SMITH INCLINE BENCH PRESS** 3X6-8
DB DECLINE BENCH PRESS** 3X6-8
CABLE FLYES** 3X8-12
DB PULLOVERS** 3X8-12
LYING TRICEP EXTENSION* 4X12/10/8/5-7
TRICEP PUSHDOWN / DIPS** 3X6-12 (SUPERSET)

DAY 2: BACK
CHINS** 4X12
DEAD LIFTS 3X10 (ADD WEIGHT TO EACH SET)
BENT ROWS OR T-BAR ROWS* 4X12/10/8/6-8
REVERSE GRIP FRONT PULLDOWNS OR ONE ARM ROWS** 3X8-12
STRAIGHT ARM PULLOVERS** 3X8-12
DB SHRUGS**3X8-12

DAY 3: HIIT/CALVES/ABS/FOREARM
20 MIN HIIT
REVERSE WRIST CURLS 2X8-12
CALF EXTENSIONS** 4X8-12
SINGLE CALF RAISES** 4X15-20
10 MIN ABS

DAY 4: LEGS
SQUAT* 5X/12/10/8/6/4-6
LEG PRESS OR HACK SQUAT** 4X10-16 (2 SET INCREASE / WORKOUT)
LEG EXTENSIONS OR LUNGE** 3X12-15
LEG CURLS / STRAIGHT LEG DEAD LIFT** 3X12-15 (SUPERSET)
HIP EXTENSIONS** 3X8-12
HIP ADDUCTOR** 3X8-12
HIP ABDUCTOR** 3X8-12

DAY 5: SHOULDERS/BICEPS
DB PRESS* 4X12/10/8/6/6-8
UPRIGHT ROWS** 3X8-12
DB OR MACHINE LATERALS** 3X8-12
DB OR CABLE BENT LATERALS OR ROW TO NECK** 3X8-12
BARBELL CURL* 4X12/10/8/6-8
INCLINE DB CURL** 3X8-10
MACHINE CURL OR PREACHER CURL** 2X8-12

DAY 6: HIIT/CALVES/ABS/FOREARM
20 MIN HIIT
HAMMER CURLS** 2X8-12
WRIST CURLS** 2X8-12
SEATED CALF RAISE** 4X10-12 / FREE STANDING CALF RAISES 4X25-50 (SUPERSET)
REVERSE CALF RAISE** 2X8-12
10 MINS ABS

*PYRAMID TRAINING: ADD WEIGHT LOWER REPS EACH SET
**DOUBLE PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM: USE SAME WEIGHT FOR ALL SETS

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW!!!!!

Thats a LOT of work! As much as I have most trainees do in two week time. If it is working for you go with it. If not the obvious thing to do is start slowly reducing the amount of work that you are doing until you find the "sweet spot" where gains are consistent. With that much volume strenght gains may be S-L-O-W, but if size continually gets better and you are slowly adding strenght you are on the right track. If strenght rarely or never goes up you are just continually doing the same workout and will continually be the same size.

Iron Addict

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
The choices of exercises are very solid. There's just some things i would tweak as far as how your split is laid out. Working forearms with hammers following a pretty heavy volume bicep workout the day before, might not be your best option. The same goes for hitting calves the day before Day 4 (Legs)
You working your lower half hard and heavy with the number of sets on squats, presses, ext/lunge, curls/sldls on leg day and the last 3 exercises for a total of 9 sets really isnt called for. I would diminish or cut out those excersies (hip ext, ad and abductor) You could replace those with better choices (a simple change in foot postition on various leg presses, and squats would hit your desired sweep of the thighs)
I woudl concur with Iron that your volume might be a bit much. Someone who's on might get through your week strong.... but becareful man. The one day which looks too overloaded would be your chest/tri day.
Sage

Stroyer

Awards
I agree

Thats alot of volume, I got tired just reading threw all that..lol..just kidding.