Best bodybuilding tip ever

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
We've all had one of those tips that changed our whole aspect of training and helped you get bigger, shred fat, or acheive your goals... what was your best bodybuilding tip ever?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing happens overnight. Consistent diet and training are the only things that matter.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use fitday.com. You may think you know what you are taking in calorically or macro split, but unless you meticulously enter every little thing, its easy to be off in your estimates by as much as 500 cal. And that is a pound a week in either direction....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Never give, it takes time.

Direct: Diet is everything.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use fitday.com. You may think you know what you are taking in calorically or macro split, but unless you meticulously enter every little thing, its easy to be off in your estimates by as much as 500 cal. And that is a pound a week in either direction....
I just tried out fitday.com and found out I'm taking in about 6500 cals on workout days. Woot. Non workout days probably closer to 5500.

To answer the question, though...

Diet, training, rinse, repeat.

Use the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid. Ask yourself things like, "Would an idiot use this exercise?" or "Would an idiot use Muscletech supplements?" or "Would an idiot use WMS for all of his carbo sources?" - If the answer is yes, then don't do it.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
best bodybuilding tip i've ever gotten was "have fun with it"

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
the best bodybuilding tip ever is not start retarded thread named Best bodybuilding tip ever

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you aren't training as if your life, or the life of your loved ones, depended on YOUR strength, then you are wasting your time.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Best body building tip:

"LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYY!!! HOOOOO!! HOW I DO IT? CUZ IT'S LIGHT, THAT'S HOW!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!"

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
"yeaahhhhh budddy, lighttt weiiggghhtt, lliiggggghhtt weiiighhht"

-ronnie coleman

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say to make all your meals count.

It's too often that people dwell too much on pre/post workout nutrition. Well, I hate to break it to ya, but you're body is still doin' its thang the other 23 hours of the day.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
Don't be hatin zombie, im just tryin to learn from the experienced k, u know loot some tips yeaaa boy.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
lol... also i heard the somethin jacks up your shoulder when doing really deep dips, whats it called and what is it or does? or looks like?

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
the best bodybuilding tip ever is not start retarded thread named Best bodybuilding tip ever
Also, don't waste time posting in such threads. :) Awwsheeeeeeet, I just posted in this thread.......

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
"Going too low causes many nasty shoulder maladies. Some can get away with it depending on their joint structure, but most will pay a heavy price." - rodja

That's what im talking about...

pman

pman

Awards
The best tip i ever heard and use came from Arnold in pumping iron...strength is a side effect when it comes to bodybuilding...in other words, lift for big muscles not for pure strength...when i backed it off a notch i made huge gains....100lbs in 20 years..natural

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think a great tip would be more like: It takes a long time to learn your body, but once you do its all worth it.....Work hard to perfect your diet, and get over the roadblock of over training. Most people start of with horrible training practices and soon realize that less is more.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Lift Heavy...and Dont Over Train... I Spent A Year In The Begining Getting No Where...a Little Stronger And More Definition But So Major Size... There Is No Need To Spend Three Hours In The Gym... Unless Your Super Man..and Even He Could Probably Do It In 1-1.5...

Lifes To Short To Be Small....

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
nice tips so far, keep em coming... i like the it takes a while to learn your body tip, that was a good one.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
nice tips so far, keep em coming... i like the it takes a while to learn your body tip, that was a good one.
YOU LIKED THE TIP?..CAN I PUT THE REST IN?...HAHAHA:toofunny: :icon_lol: :rofl:

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
lol you welcome, no one has answered the shoulder problem yet? i dunno if i alrdy have it or what it looks like? tryin to prevent this from happening

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
shoulder impingement? rotator cuff injury? you would know if something is wrong. are you saying something is wrong? i'm not quite following what you keep saying about shoulder problems...

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
when i do dips for lower chest i go as far down as possible, and on another thread some guy said that can give u should maladies or something, where your shoulders overtake your chest?

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
do what you feel. if you don't feel like lifting, don't. if you're run down, don't lift because the odds are your w/o will be counterproductive. that's your body telling you it needs rest.
don't overanalyze. don't over- anything. just do.

nightowlman

Awards
The best tip I ever got was to contract the muscle you're working at the height of the extension/contraction with every rep. It makes it harder, but improves your focus lots. Worked really really well for me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do what you feel. if you don't feel like lifting, don't. if you're run down, don't lift because the odds are your w/o will be counterproductive. that's your body telling you it needs rest.
don't overanalyze. don't over- anything. just do.
I disagree with this....some of the best workouts I have ever had were on days where I ALMOST did not go to the gym.

Feeling slightly run down, I went anyway then started pushing weight which reminded me of what it feels like to be alive. Halfway through the workout, I am in full force.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with this....some of the best workouts I have ever had were on days where I ALMOST did not go to the gym.

Feeling slightly run down, I went anyway then started pushing weight which reminded me of what it feels like to be alive. Halfway through the workout, I am in full force.
Totally agree. Some of my best workouts was when I was dreading hitting the gym. Not really looking forward to it, but I knew that even if I don't have a blowout workout, that it is most likely more productive than sitting on the couch.

Usually when those days come around, I have some of the most intense workouts.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
When I first started lifting some massive guy in my gym was always drinking coffee while lifting. At that time I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing so I went up to him and said " isn't coffee bad for you?", he simply laughed at me proceeded on dead lifting 700lbs. So I started sipping coffing and it really helps keep me motivated. When I lift mental alertness is must for me, I like to be completely focused on what ever I am doing.

And now that I think back that dude was an ******* to not answer me. If I see him again its on! :twisted:

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
NEWBIE ME: i want big arms... what should i do???

BIG DUDE: :squat:

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established

to each his own; i've taken stimulants on days when i haven't felt like lifting and lifted anyway, but for me I've found that it's best to just rest if I feel run down b/c otherwise I risk taxing my CNS too heavily. sometimes i'll just go intentionally light for that purpose. other times i choose to relax.

BifWebster

Awards
People should compare there progress, by looking at what there doing now vs. what they were doing now.

I see a lotta small people trying to do what the bigger guys are doing which just sets them up for failure, same goes for big guys just being satisfied by comparing themselves to everyone else in the gym. Do it for yourself.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
you will be your biggest critique... and maybe that hot blond on the eliptcal...haha

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I know this is off topic but I can't stand people who dress up to go work out. Some guys at my gym where timberland boots with camo pants and dog tags around there neck. If that doesn't piss you off then seeing them stare at them selves constantly in the mirror will. ****in self-masterbation.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Its just as important WHEN you eat as it is WHAT you eat. I can see some faults in it, but it made me start really thinking about timing my meals and what was in my pre/post workout meals.

:food:

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Its just as important WHEN you eat as it is WHAT you eat. I can see some faults in it, but it made me start really thinking about timing my meals and what was in my pre/post workout meals.

:food:
Very true. Recently I started drinking protein when I wake up during the night which is usually twice a night. Trying to keep my body continually fueled is my problem lately since my appetite is through the roof. I exceed 5k cals/day. Right now I'm bulking and hope to get to 260-265 by the end of my cycle. I'm 6'4- BF around 17%

stuart harlin

Awards
Best Tip Response

Movements not muscles... I have enjoyed and gained infinitely more muscle mass through consistenly focusing on the core lifts alongs with vital ancillary movements, as opposed to chest and bi's bodybuilding type training. I personally enjoy training for function, strength and some flexibility along with seeing my strength cross over into other sports/activities; truly, for me, is what it is all about... For instance, what productive upper body movement does not involve the shoulders, so why focus on a bodypart. I have chosen to perfect my form and strength on the value lifts.
PS... I never would have posted this crap five years ago, must be getting old.

Last edited: