Shoulder help

quigley

Awards
  • Established
i cant seem to get them to grow.

With a tough workout i get soreness in every muscle of my body except my shoulders. ive tried supersets, low volume, high volume...i just cant seem to hit them, make them hurt, or make them grow. I mean they burn when im working them out, but the next day i have no soreness and their not growing, while my other body parts respond well.

Any advice?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders are a huge part of most all upper body exercises. What does your shoulder workout look like?

quigley

Awards
  • Established
usual exercises include: Military press, seated press, lateral raises, upright rows, front raises

Usually 2-3 exercises per workout, 3 sets per exercise 8-10 reps, till failure usually.

Ive tried supersetting, partials, and HST

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Whats your entire routine look like? I can already see some things you might want to do to work your weak point (delts) but if you post up the rest, it would make it easier.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Ok... at the moment im trying HST. Lifting as heavy as possible for 10 reps each set.

Monday- Squats 1X10/failure
Lunges 1x10
Calf raises- 2x10
Wide overhandgrip chins- Failure
Seated row- 2x10
Bench press- 2x10
Incline Bench- 1x10
Military press 1x10
Upright row 1x10
Eccentric bicep curls- 2x10
Dips- Failure
Tricep pulldowns 1x10
Fitball crunches- 20

Run through all of this in abour 45 minutes- an hour. Try to progress every week. Same sort of routine wed and friday, some exercises interchanged for others targeting the same muscle...eg lat pull down for wide grip chins, just to keep variety.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
My shoulders grow really well All I ever do is

Seated barbell, seated dumbell, side raises and rear flies. If you aint growing eat and lift harder. I only do 3-4 sets at 7 rep max.

Shoulder routine for me usually goes something like this
SB
135x10
185x7
205x7
225x whatever I get

sd
80x7
85x7
90x7
95x6

dumbell side raises
25x7
30x7
30x7

then hit the rear pec deck and finish off the rears

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That routine is done 3 times a week, correct?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
My shoulders grow really well All I ever do is

Seated barbell, seated dumbell, side raises and rear flies. If you aint growing eat and lift harder. I only do 3-4 sets at 7 rep max.

Shoulder routine for me usually goes something like this
SB
135x10
185x7
205x7
225x whatever I get

superdrol
80x7
85x7
90x7
95x6

dumbell side raises
25x7
30x7
30x7

then hit the rear pec deck and finish off the rears
superdrol? Is that 80mg 7x a day?!?!?! :rofl:

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
superdrol wtf? Why in the hell did I type that? I ment seated dumbell. I was reading the superdrol ng or whatever page, oops.