Am I totally off?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like a critique of my workout, or any suggestions/advice?

Day1: Chest + back
Flat Bench
Bent Rows
incline Dbell bench
Dbell rows
Weighted Dips
Wide-grip Pull ups

Day2: Leg Day
Squat
LegPress
Deadlift
Calves

Day3: Bi + Tri
Barbell curls
Close-grip bench
Reverse grip pullups
Skull Crushers
Incline Dbell curls
Overhead Dbell Extension

Day4: Shoulders & such
Military press
Barbell/Dbell shrugs
Arnold Press
Behind back forearm curls
Lat Raises

-Ozarkabrand

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
maybe slip in a rest day between day 3 & 4.

otherwise your tris will still be fatigued when you go to work your shoulder presses.

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
Personally I find that if I do 2 major muscle groups on the same day, like you have on day one. . .I cant use as much weight, bc it is completely draining. Also on your "shoulders and such" I would do the forearm curls last. The reason is that you are going to really diminish the quality of gour grip for your lateral raises (unless you are strapping it up) . .and I might be missing them, but it doesnt look like you have an exercise for rear delts?

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
A solid rear delt exercise is the bent over lateral raise. Also you can do the reverse pec deck, Rope face pull up(a forum favorite), reverse cable flye(same motion as reverse pec deck but w/ cable). Also I posted a ? about a week ago about my rear delts lagging behind the rest of my shoulder. With the help of the fellas on the forum, I started off my workout with a rear delt exercise(bent over raise to be exact). I would recommend taking into account what parts of your workout you excel in, and adjust accordingly. Good luck man, and keep us posted on likes or dislikes.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i don't think your leg day is light at all.
you have the major moves - if you work them w/intensity you should be fine.

squats and deads in the same workout is grueling. many advocate splitting them up on separate days. a lot do deads on back day since it hits your entire back and traps as well.

i know i wouldn't have the energy or desire to do squats and deads on the same day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great leg WO

Squats
SLDL
Unilateral LP
Reverse Lunges
Hack Squats
Lying or Standing Leg Curls (or Glute/Ham Raises)
Leg Extensions

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Great leg WO

Squats
SLDL
Unilateral LP
Reverse Lunges
Hack Squats
Leg Extensions
how many sets is this?

what Hank said was good, with Intensity he should be fine. But thats just my opinion..

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how many sets is this?

what Hank said was good, with Intensity he should be fine. But thats just my opinion..
10-12 for quads, 7-9 for hams. His original thigh WO has very little posterior work, which can lead to injuries and imbalances.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Got back from my workout, which happened to be leg day, went with this:

Squat
Unilateral LegPress
Hack Squat
Leg Curls
Calves

So, hack squat just isn't going to happen, not after the first two, plus i just don't like it.. so I'm thinking of replacing it with a bit of sumo deadlift... How does that sound?

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
how about some wide grip pull ups and rack pulls for the back day?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have to build up to a leg day the one I outlined. Also, add in more direct hamstring work.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Great leg WO

Squats
SLDL
Unilateral LP
Reverse Lunges
Hack Squats
Leg Extensions
What does the SL in SLDL stand for? That seems like way too much to me if you're going heavy on squat and deadlift. Those are the two lift that will put a lot of mass on you if your bulking.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
What does the SL in SLDL stand for? That seems like way too much to me if you're going heavy on squat and deadlift. Those are the two lift that will put a lot of mass on you if your bulking.
I'm assuming Stiff-Leg Dead Lift. That does seem like quite a bit of leg work for a day...at least to me. I like all the moves but I'd try and split it up a little bit at first. Like Rodja said...work up to routine.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I'm lovin' my leg routine right now. Currently I'm doing Squats, Leg Presses, DB Lunges, Sumo Deadlifts (F'n awesome!), Leg Ext., Leg Curls, Standing Calf Raises, and Seated Calf Raises.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like a critique of my workout, or any suggestions/advice?

Day1: Chest + back
Flat Bench
Bent Rows
incline Dbell bench
Dbell rows
Weighted Dips
Wide-grip Pull ups

Day2: Leg Day
Squat
LegPress
Deadlift
Calves

Day3: Bi + Tri
Barbell curls
Close-grip bench
Reverse grip pullups
Skull Crushers
Incline Dbell curls
Overhead Dbell Extension

Day4: Shoulders & such
Military press
Barbell/Dbell shrugs
Arnold Press
Behind back forearm curls
Lat Raises

-Ozarkabrand
Everybody responds differently to routines/exercises. The main question, is how does it feel to you?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
You have to build up to a leg day the one I outlined. Also, add in more direct hamstring work.
Ok, I'm thinking this is what I'll go with:

Squat
Unilateral Leg press
Lunges
Deadlift
Leg Curls
Calves

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, I'm thinking this is what I'll go with:

Squat
Unilateral Leg press
Lunges
Deadlift
Leg Curls
Calves
Deadlift and Stiff-Legged Deadlift are not the same exercise. Also, stagger your quad and ham exercises.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift and Stiff-Legged Deadlift are not the same exercise. Also, stagger your quad and ham exercises.
I know, I opted for deadlift instead. And, when you say stagger them, you mean something like quads hams, quads hams?