Seated cable row variation shrug

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know if i created this excercise but i feel it works fairly well. You would use the v-bar that you would normally use for cable low rows and keeping the arms straight or slightly bent, just pull the weight by pulling shoulder blades back and together. I have been doing these recently. I go straight into them after my low row reps. Did i make a new variation or just something thats not well know, probably the latter but you should try it out and tell me what you think. Anyone else doing this or know what im talking about? Is there a name for it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have clients do these if they have bad posture and/or desk jobs. It is great for strengthening the Traps/Rhomboids and also helps to teach proper rowing form.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Larry Scott the first Mr. O initiates seated pulley rows by doing a scapula retraction..then into the pull as normal...then a scapula release to release the pull.

It sort-of looks like a shoulder rotation cus you start the scapula retraction high...pull..finish by unwinding it low.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Larry Scott the first Mr. O initiates seated pulley rows by doing a scapula retraction..then into the pull as normal...then a scapula release to release the pull.

It sort-of looks like a shoulder rotation cus you start the scapula retraction high...pull..finish by unwinding it low.
thass wassup. thx.