Need new routine

xxxJKxxx

Awards
usually i workout 4 times a week most the time i work my chest out the most( i feel that my chest is getting to big compared to the rest of my body) but i need a good solid routine that will help me to add some muscle and get more ripped, but i don't want to be too bulky. if anyone could help id appreciate it- if you have any suggestions on a diet to go along with the routine that would be great

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I can help you out but you will have different respones..

Monday - Biceps and Triceps

Wednesday- Shoulders and Back

Friday- Chest and Legs

Throw in Abs if you like..

You can always switch it up to keep your body guessing.

What I have learned from Shawn LeBrun is that..(personal trainer)

-Get your workout done in under 1 hour max.

-Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

-Start eating 200 more calories then your maintincence (sp?) level

-(if 200 is not enough, take it up another 200. Find your "sweet spot")

-Eat lots of protein. 1-2 grams per lbs of Body weight.

Now for lifting..

1 warmup set per body part. (10-12 reps)
1 acclimation set per Exercise (6-8 reps)
1-2 Heavy sets per exercise (4-6 reps)

Only perform 2 exercies per body part. You want an efficent workout with lots of Intensity

heres an example:

Bicep BB Curls
55lbs x 10
65lbs x 8
75lbs x 6
85lbs x 4

Bicep DB Curls
30lbs x 8
40lbs x 6
50lbs x 4

CG Bench Press
100lbs x 10
120lbs x 8
140lbs x 6
160lbs x 4

Skull Crushers
30lbs x 8
40lbs x 6
50lbs x 4

Intensity is key. 1 minute of rest for light sets. 2 minutes for heavy sets

Also, strive to add weight every week to make progress and to push yourself more and more.

Now please do not take this adivce in order. I just listed what needs to be done in no order. I am most likley missing something, but other solid members here at AM will fill in the missing blank.

Good luck to you and your training.

xxxJKxxx

Awards
k ill try that see how it works out! thx for the advice

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
no problem man. im bumping this to see if he can get any other advice.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I can help you out but you will have different respones..

OMG,please don't take advice from this 15yr old kid with a farmers tan where his wife beater was...He doesn't have a clue,you wanna see a good routine,go to you tube or google,type in ronnie coleman workout/workouts...watch some of his vid's....he's only Mr.Olympia...Or you can pick up "Animal" training dvd's pretty cheap,they're pretty basic/complete..But whatever you do,don't take advice from GoatRape x10'....Not a good idea,

Note to GoatRape:

You shouldn't be giving advice baby girl.....Your straight up a little bitty sticks/Bones Jr.High kid,no offense but thats the truth,don't be giving workout advice please,just because you can copy/paste doesn't mean you should give advice...let it go

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
OMG,please don't take advice from this 15yr old kid with a farmers tan where his wife beater was...He doesn't have a clue,
Well it is a good post, even if it was a cut and paste. I didn't even notice he was 15... :lol:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
getswole.

wtf man. im trying to help people out. yea im 15. its just a number. he isnt taking steriods or eating 5,000+ cals a day. so ronnie coleman training probably wont work well. Theres many opinions like I said. Im not saying this is THE ONLY proven way. Everyone is different with reactions to ceartin weights, reps, sets, dieting, etc. Im just giving him a little help. I know Im not an expert by any means.

Naw it wasnt a cut and paste. Just reviewed my e-books that I bought and put it together..somewhat..

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
hey if he wants to take training advice from a 85lb skinny 15yr old then by all means go for it,its just the simple fact that you have zero training accomplished,you have zero personal results so you are just talking about something you read somewhere...no difference than you teaching someone to fly a helicopter when in fact you have never flown a helicopter and have no clue how...personally you can't even legally "drive" yourself to the gym...how the hell are you gonna be giving out training advice,....theres a time to read,and a time to type....for you the time is to read and ask questions,no offense,don't get upset over nothing,You just don't have to give advice to every post you see,specially training advice when you know zero and have never made a gain in the 15yrs you've been on the earth...your barely old enough to workout...Its just constructive criticism,posting on this board you should get used to it at 15yrs old......or maybe at least start out your posts with the following sentence:

Hi,I'm 15 and have zero life experience with training,diet,and steroids,that being said,heres my advice:

that way people will at least know where your coming from....
getswole.

wtf man. im trying to help people out. yea im 15. its just a number. he isnt taking steriods or eating 5,000+ cals a day. so ronnie coleman training probably wont work well. Theres many opinions like I said. Im not saying this is THE ONLY proven way. Everyone is different with reactions to ceartin weights, reps, sets, dieting, etc. Im just giving him a little help. I know Im not an expert by any means.

Naw it wasnt a cut and paste. Just reviewed my e-books that I bought and put it together..somewhat..

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
getswole.

wtf man. im trying to help people out. yea im 15. its just a number. he isnt taking steriods or eating 5,000+ cals a day. so ronnie coleman training probably wont work well.

See thats my point exactly....saying stuff like ronnie colemans training routine has jack to do with steroids and such,your just making crap up,solid training is solid training,has nothing to do with steroids or not,this is exactly why I'm saying you shouldn't give training advice,for that exact reason...

and 15 is just a number?....I know everyone who's young thinks they can't wait til' there older and grown up or whatever,but trust me ,just enjoy being young,don't get all upset when someone says your only 15....thats just how it is,at 15 you have the world ahead of you to learn alot of things...don't get all in over your head acting like you know everything,when you know very little in fact,you got anger issues?Just relax man,life is good,enjoy it...But speak not,what you know not....Now that..is GOOD ADVICE:thumbsup:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
See thats my point exactly....saying stuff like ronnie colemans training routine has jack to do with steroids and such,your just making crap up,solid training is solid training,has nothing to do with steroids or not,this is exactly why I'm saying you shouldn't give training advice,for that exact reason...

and 15 is just a number?....I know everyone who's young thinks they can't wait til' there older and grown up or whatever,but trust me ,just enjoy being young,don't get all upset when someone says your only 15....thats just how it is,at 15 you have the world ahead of you to learn alot of things...don't get all in over your head acting like you know everything,when you know very little in fact,you got anger issues?Just relax man,life is good,enjoy it...But speak not,what you know not....Now that..is GOOD ADVICE:thumbsup:

Your completley right. I have no muscle to show, no traning ideas, i eat junk food 24/7, and never get rest. YES IM 15. im giving him the choice to look into that routine if he CARES enough to listen to a 15 year old. im not god and commanding him to do this..

Sorry im so stupid and un helpful to everyone on AnabolicMinds.

I do much more reasearch and reading then you think. But yes im only 15 and have much to learn just like you do to. I just like to share knowledge with people..and learn. Not get thrown on the ground for helping someone out.

But I appreciate your words. I just enjoy the sport of BBing and learning about. I find it fun.

I am not angry at what you say just making my point in which you could care less about. Sorry JK, didnt mean to eff this thread up too.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
PS.

Can YOU at least be man and show what you look like? You sound like a BAMF to me. honest. Are you like tripdog's build? or just feel like pushing young ppl around on the good 'ol web?

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Seriosly though ,just check out big Ronnies workouts,he'll take you through all your basic mass movements that you can easily base a cycle froim to suite your needs,I mean who's gonna train with better form and more productively than a 7-8 time Mr. Olympia...If anyone of us were lucky enough to get Coleman to train you 100% and follow the proper diet,routine consistently,no doubt we could all be Monsters too...Although not at 15 yrs old,lol..guess there are always some exceptions...;)

Ronnie,now theres someone every single one of us can take a page out of his book...

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Seriosly though ,just check out big Ronnies workouts,he'll take you through all your basic mass movements that you can easily base a cycle froim to suite your needs,I mean who's gonna train with better form and more productively than a 7-8 time Mr. Olympia...If anyone of us were lucky enough to get Coleman to train you 100% and follow the proper diet,routine consistently,no doubt we could all be Monsters too...Although not at 15 yrs old,lol..guess there are always some exceptions...;)

Ronnie,now theres someone every single one of us can take a page out of his book...
Your right. You make good points here. He knows what hes doing.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Good luck training JK,I'm not gonna argue w/ a 15yr old....lol

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
usually i workout 4 times a week most the time i work my chest out the most( i feel that my chest is getting to big compared to the rest of my body) but i need a good solid routine that will help me to add some muscle and get more ripped, but i don't want to be too bulky. if anyone could help id appreciate it- if you have any suggestions on a diet to go along with the routine that would be great

You say that you don't want to get too 'bulky'... That will obviously be more of a diet thing, if you eat above maintenance, you will grow.

BTW, I don't know what 'too bulky' looks like.... :rofl:

Have you looked into more of the strength oriented routines?

I would research either the Rippetoe, MadCow 5x5 intermediate, or WestSide for Skinny Bastards.

Pick one and stick with it for 8-12 weeks. Don't waste your time with curls and other isolation exercises.

In all of the programs they state "Do NOT F*ck with the Routines." Work them as they are designed, do not change anything. With MadCow's and WSFSB you get to choose your 'assistance exercises', but other than that, stick with the big compounds and you will see some dramatic changes to your body.

Personally, I like the MadCow 5x5. If you are honest with your 1RM & 5RM it is a great plateau buster for your 'big' lifts.

X

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
Not going to argue with a 15 year old? You just wrote a books worth of crap being critical of someone who was only trying to help..

And he does have a point.. Comparing a pro BBer's routine to an average person that trains 3-4 X's per week is like comparing night and day...... and after all your ranting.. you never even gave any decent advice other than to check out Ronnies routines.. give me a break... you sound like the 15 year old... Cause that's about the ****tiest advice I've ever seen anyone give on a reputable training site... Why didn't you tell him to go buy one of Jay's training DVD's..and pick up a copy of muscle magazine while you're at it.. lol.. what a joke

Good luck training JK,I'm not gonna argue w/ a 15yr old....lol

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Scubs

Awards
Try this 4 day routine.

A basic rule is not to work primary and secondary muscle groups together in your week. Example would be not work your bi's a day before your back workout because your bi's are used to pull tension on your back,(Pulling towards the body). Same with tri's, you dont do them a day before chest, because tri's are secondary to chest(pushing away from body contractions). My opinion would be to do major body parts in the first of the week and do arms at the end.
Example 4 day split.
day1 back/traps
day2 chest/abs
day3 legs/ calves
day4 shoulders/arms

*no more then a 90 min workout, if so you need some sort of glycogen/electrolyte replacement drink to stay anabolic. (cytomax, gatorade etc.) Hope that helps