Saturday:
Deadlifts
cable Rows
Wide Grip Pull Ups
Chin ups
Barbell Curls
Reverse-Grip Barbell Curl
Hammer Curl

I do 3 sets of each exercise accept for the squats which I do 4 sets of both squats and I used to do bent over rows for my back but was getting some back pain so I switched to cable rows for awhile..
well any feedback would be great..

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
i feel the hammer curls and reverse barbell curls work my forearms well enough.. for calves i finish my reps of squats with a calf raise. oh and I forgot to add leg curls to my leg day also

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
ok im revising my routine again a little.. im going to stop doing abs 3x a weeks i dont feel I need to do them that oftenn. also im dropping the chin-ups and just going to do more wide grip pull-ups...

then on monday im going to add this routine

Crunches
Cable Crunches
Leg Curls
SLDL
Calf Raises
Wrist Curls Behind the Back
Seated Wrist Curls

what do you guys think?

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
oops i meant im dropping the pull-ups and going to just do more wide grip chins heh..

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
This is a little confusing bro....

Are you going to add that on monday and drop the leg routine on Thurs? My advice is re-do your routine or go back and edit your original post and lay it all out for us.....

But on another note, it was smart of you to place all your compound movements early in the week why your HDL levels are high for maximum natural test production.

Big H

Banned
Awards
It would be benifical if I knew your height/weight and your goals.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Monday:
Crunches
Cable Crunches
Leg Curls
SLDL
Calf Raises
Wrist Curls Behind the Back
Seated Wrist Curls

Tuesday:
bench press
incline Dumbell Flys
Flat Dumbbell Chest Press
close grip bench
SkullCrushers alt with Tricep Overhead Extensions
Dips

Thursday:
Military Press
Shoulder Shrugs
Side lateral
Squats
hack squat

Saturday:
Deadlifts
cable Rows
Wide Grip Pull Ups
Barbell Curls
Reverse-Grip Barbell Curl
Hammer Curl

this is what i was thinking as a new routine

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
im 5'11 165 and currently Im 2 weeks into a t1pro cycle.. my goals right now are mass... mostly...

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Ok, thats a little better...now we need your stats and goals with this routine. And I would keep all exercises with the others. You're going to have sore les 7 days a week training them on two separate days.

Big H

Banned
Awards
Actually, I would put your squats first thing on thursday. And I would put deadlifts on the same day as your squats; no need to work your legs hardcore on thursday and saturday.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
well after doing squats and hacks.. i dont really have much energy to do sldl's or calf raises thats why I split them up...

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Actually, I would put your squats first thing on thursday. And I would put deadlifts on the same day as your squats; no need to work your legs hardcore on thursday and saturday.
Yep, I agree....although instead of Thurs. Id put them on a monday or tuesday, somewhere early in the week to get natural test benefits.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
i dont see really feel deadlifts work my legs that hardcore.. my lower back yeah... but no so much my legs as squats and such... so you saying I should swap my thursday and monday perhaps?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
i dont see really feel deadlifts work my legs that hardcore.. my lower back yeah... but no so much my legs as squats and such... so you saying I should swap my thursday and monday perhaps?
I think your set up now is fine, maybe on chest day drop the incline flys and do some flat or inclin DB presses.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket

I think your set up now is fine, maybe on chest day drop the incline flys and do some flat or inclin DB presses.

flat db presses is already part of my chest routine

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

flat db presses is already part of my chest routine
Personally I dont like flys for mass....they broaden your chest more than packing mass on it, but I guess you have to do them sometime, so best of luck. I think you're set.

Big H

Banned
Awards
Actually now that I think about it, here's how I would split it up. You have a 4 day workout, right?

Monday- Legs/calves/abs
Squats
Deadlifts
SLDL
Calve raises
Abs

Tuesday- Chest/triceps
Dumbell bench (good for mass)
Incline bench
Close grip bench
Skullcrushers

Thursday- back/bis
Barbell Row
1 arm row
Chinups
Barbell curl
Preacher curl
Hammer curl

Saturday- Shoulders/lats/abs
Military Press
Lat raises
Front raises
Lat pulldown
Shrugs
Abs

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
problem with that big h is I dont have access to a gym right now.. i do all my exercises from home with my bench.. it has a adjustable squat station and leg developer but thats it.. so i couldnt do preacher curls or a few other things.. also I dont like barbell rows because they are the only exercise that aggravates my back. i havce back pain from work and barbell rows bother it...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Personally I dont like flys for mass....they broaden your chest more than packing mass on it, but I guess you have to do them sometime, so best of luck. I think you're set.
agree and disagree some. flys arent for mass (agreed) they broaden the chest (agreed) but broadening the width of your chest adds a dimension and a look of more size. The point where your armpits meets your outer chest is put to work very nicely on the down stretch of a fly motion. (i personally like a fly motion movement at the end of my chest days...but prefer low incline cable flys) i usually dont lean towards cable over any free weight movements but with the flys, the cable i feel allows me to use a weight where i can control the movement much more than with db's, without using too much momentum and/or arms to push the attachments up and down. But with a fly motion, i only add in couple of sets at high repitition for the final burn at the end of a workout.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
if i was going to add power cleans to my routine where would I add them? should I drop an exercise if I add these?

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
ok decided not to add the cleans.. anyway ive revised a little again.. what do you think of this

Monday:
SLDL
Leg Curls
Calf Raises
Seated Calf Riases
close grip bench
SkullCrushers alt with Tricep Overhead Extensions
Dips

Tuesday:
Squats
hack squat
Military Press