Training while having 2-a-days?
- 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM
- 08-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I used to work out when we did 2 a days. Make sure you listen to your body !!! I would also only do about a half hour and definatly dont expect to set any PR's while exerting so much energy practicing.
- 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM
As a former college football player, i can honestly tell you that working out during 2 a days is worthless. Your body is so broken down from the intensity of those 2 practices a day that the extra lifting is just going to add to the breakdown and not help your strength. If you are in 2 a days for 2 weeks, dont bother lifting during that time, then get into your in season maintenance program as soon as the 2 a days are over, you wont have lost much strength.
08-08-2007, 11:14 AM
08-13-2007, 06:41 AM
I used a westside type program during the season, working out only twice a week. I ****canned the max effort work for the season and kept the dynamic and rep work. Typically monday i would warm up with some light to medium weight doubles on the clean, then 8 sets of 2 w/50% of max on the dynamic effort box squat, then finish w/ abs and hamstring work. On thursday i would do dynamic benching with 6 sets of 3 w/ 50/60% of max, followed up with close grip bench or inclines w/ close grip for 3 sets of 5 and then some back and tricep work. The idea is to keep your speed and power up without breaking your body down too much.
08-14-2007, 12:44 AM
08-14-2007, 09:56 AM
08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Lockxxheed in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
- By Phenomenal in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:26 AM
- By buyb12 in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 09-01-2003, 07:05 PM
- By buyb12 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
- By wardog in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2003, 12:29 PM