Training while having 2-a-days? - AnabolicMinds.com

Training while having 2-a-days?

1. Banned

Training while having 2-a-days?

should i lift wieghts when i have football two a days?

2. New Member

I used to work out when we did 2 a days. Make sure you listen to your body !!! I would also only do about a half hour and definatly dont expect to set any PR's while exerting so much energy practicing.
  3. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by machine528 View Post
    I used to work out when we did 2 a days. Make sure you listen to your body !!! I would also only do about a half hour and definatly dont expect to set any PR's while exerting so much energy practicing.
    alright thats what i thought but i just wanted to get someone elses oppinion.
    •   

4. New Member

As a former college football player, i can honestly tell you that working out during 2 a days is worthless. Your body is so broken down from the intensity of those 2 practices a day that the extra lifting is just going to add to the breakdown and not help your strength. If you are in 2 a days for 2 weeks, dont bother lifting during that time, then get into your in season maintenance program as soon as the 2 a days are over, you wont have lost much strength.
  5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ichidan View Post
    As a former college football player, i can honestly tell you that working out during 2 a days is worthless. Your body is so broken down from the intensity of those 2 practices a day that the extra lifting is just going to add to the breakdown and not help your strength. If you are in 2 a days for 2 weeks, dont bother lifting during that time, then get into your in season maintenance program as soon as the 2 a days are over, you wont have lost much strength.
    well what kind of worko did you do during the season?
  6. New Member

I used a westside type program during the season, working out only twice a week. I ****canned the max effort work for the season and kept the dynamic and rep work. Typically monday i would warm up with some light to medium weight doubles on the clean, then 8 sets of 2 w/50% of max on the dynamic effort box squat, then finish w/ abs and hamstring work. On thursday i would do dynamic benching with 6 sets of 3 w/ 50/60% of max, followed up with close grip bench or inclines w/ close grip for 3 sets of 5 and then some back and tricep work. The idea is to keep your speed and power up without breaking your body down too much.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichidan View Post
    Ichidan I agree 100% with youre post. I would imagine youre dehydrated, and sore. I would just make it threw 2 days, then start youre season workout. I played 3 years of high school ball, not playing this year. So I could give u some lifting tips, workouts, that is if you needed them? Mark
  8. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MEH89 View Post
    Ichidan I agree 100% with youre post. I would imagine youre dehydrated, and sore. I would just make it threw 2 days, then start youre season workout. I played 3 years of high school ball, not playing this year. So I could give u some lifting tips, workouts, that is if you needed them? Mark
    yea that would be great if i could get the workout you used...
  9. New Member

you have a pm. Mark

Similar Forum Threads

1. can i still have a cheat day while on a clen cycle
    By Lockxxheed in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
  2. Training while on ph
    By Phenomenal in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 09:26 AM
  3. not having a good day Here's a motavition pic
    By buyb12 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:05 PM
  4. not having a good day Here's a motavition pic
    By buyb12 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 02:04 PM
  5. Iron Addict...HIT training while "ON"??
    By wardog in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 01:29 PM