want to start packing on muscle

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Hey all I'm back from my 2 week vacation from coaching my daughter's softball team ( we took second in the world out of 76 teams, and she got picked for the all world team,:rofl: very proud dad!!!:thumbsup: ) Anyway I am wanting to start putting on some serious muscle now any help with some routines or supplements??I workout at home 6 times a week and cardio 4 times a week, I workout with free weights at my house, Mondays &Thursdays I work my chest and tri's, Tuesday & Firdays I work myShoulders, Back And Trap's, Wednesday & Saturdays I work my Legs Calves & Bi's as well as my abs every other day

My diet:
6:30 a.m. 6 egg whites, 1 piece of whole wheat toast
9:eek:o a.m. 2 cups of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
11:30 a.m. salad with can of tuna and oil & vinegar
3:00 p.m. pre workout protein shake
4:00 p.m workout
5:00 p.m. post workout shake
7:00 p.m. steak, chicken or fish with steamed veggies
9:00 p.m. 1 cup of cottage cheese before bed

plus 1 1/2 gallons of water a day
supplements:
whey protein
fish oil caplets
flaxseed oil caplets
T-Bomb
L-Carnitine
Glutamine powder
X-Tend
I am wanting to try SuperPump 250 any good??

Bishop2009

Bishop2009

Banned
Awards
Hey all I'm back from my 2 week vacation from coaching my daughter's softball team ( we took second in the world out of 76 teams, and she got picked for the all world team,:rofl: very proud dad!!!:thumbsup: ) Anyway I am wanting to start putting on some serious muscle now any help with some routines or supplements??I workout at home 6 times a week and cardio 4 times a week, I workout with free weights at my house, Mondays &Thursdays I work my chest and tri's, Tuesday & Firdays I work myShoulders, Back And Trap's, Wednesday & Saturdays I work my Legs Calves & Bi's as well as my abs every other day

My diet:

supplements:
whey protein
fish oil caplets
flaxseed oil caplets
T-Bomb
L-Carnitine
Glutamine powder
X-Tend
well it looks like everything is good maybe try switching up your routine. and also what kind of sets and reps are you doing? another thing is you may want to try lifting less so your body has more time to recover. because with kids im sure its hard to find time to take a nap or get a full nights rest so maybe try taking a day off between workout days.

ultra2extreme

Awards
i seem to gain mass doing about 50-80% of my 1RM using the format 4 sets 12, 10, 10, 8 with increasing weight at each stage.

Simple fact is that ample protein + pump inducing sets = mass

Everything else is just a rhetoric until your pretty massive.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

My diet:

supplements:
whey protein
fish oil caplets
flaxseed oil caplets
T-Bomb
L-Carnitine
Glutamine powder
X-Tend
I would move the Peanut Butter to your last meal (Cottage Cheese). You don't really want carbs & fats in the same meal.
I would add in a 1/2 cup of blueberries and/or a scoop of protein powder (after cooking) to your oats.

X

ultra2extreme

Awards
I would move the Peanut Butter to your last meal (Cottage Cheese). You don't really want carbs & fats in the same meal.
I would add in a 1/2 cup of blueberries and/or a scoop of protein powder (after cooking) to your oats.

X
but fats and carbs in the peanut butter before bed goes against almost any weight loss philosophy going?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
but fats and carbs in the peanut butter before bed goes against almost any weight loss philosophy going?
Fats are good before bed. Helps boost T-Levels.

I don't know about your Peanut butter, but mine only has 6g of carbs, 2g of which are fiber, so 4g and 8g of protein. Pretty minimal.

I believe the fats will also slow down the digestion of protein in the CC during sleep.

He is also looking to bulk, not cut, although this combo would be fine for that as well. If he was eating 2 cups of oats (all carbs) before bed, that would be a different story.

X

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Do your pre-workout and post-workout shakes include carbs? If not, they should.