swanee609

swanee609

Awards
lookin for something new thanks jsut post what you do for your bi's

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I find that BB curls (not EZ-bar) w/ a shoulder-width grip works best.

That and chins.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
thanks i will give them a try have not did them in a wile.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
For Bicep isolation I like 45 degree angle hammer curls.

For compound movements - Chins

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
"When it comes to muscle recruitment, it's important to note that even more important than strict grip width is the difference in the width of the grip and that of the elbows.

To target the outer portion of the biceps, the elbows should be much wider than the hands (narrow hands grip/wide elbows position). To target the inner portion we want the hands to be wider than the elbows (wide hands grip/narrow elbows position)." - Christian Thibaudeau

SEE: Bulk Up, Cut Up: Biceps! Building an Aesthetic Body One Answer at a Time! by Christian Thibaudeau

Elbows-In, Wide Grip Preacher Curl

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
"When it comes to muscle recruitment, it's important to note that even more important than strict grip width is the difference in the width of the grip and that of the elbows.

To target the outer portion of the biceps, the elbows should be much wider than the hands (narrow hands grip/wide elbows position). To target the inner portion we want the hands to be wider than the elbows (wide hands grip/narrow elbows position)." - Christian Thibaudeau

SEE: Bulk Up, Cut Up: Biceps! Building an Aesthetic Body One Answer at a Time! by Christian Thibaudeau

Elbows-In, Wide Grip Preacher Curl

thanks for the detail. i see you got the wider grip are you doin alot reps of jsut all the way down or you doing like a 21 type work out if u no what i mean 7 short 7 med than 7 full curls?

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the detail. i see you got the wider grip are you doin alot reps of jsut all the way down or you doing like a 21 type work out if u no what i mean 7 short 7 med than 7 full curls?
I want to get that outer bicep/tricep cut...so I recently started moving my elbows in and grip wide for tricep cable work and bicep preacher curls.

On the preachers I go all the way down and when I come up I squeeze the elbows in a bit but I never come all the way up to the point where the tension is taken off of the muscle.