New Machine.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive always wondered if there was a cable or pulley based machine that could allow you to:

do tricep pushdown and bicep curl in the same movement (up then down) with positive resistance on both movements without having to stop and adjust the machine. This would hold true with many different excercises. Another example, you could do a lateral raise turn your wrist and do a hercules curl. Or even a bench press movement that would then turn into a rowing back excercise.

I would invent this if i had the money but is there anything out there!!!??????

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinkin you might to invent that one PP.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well i had another yesterday but i wasnt feeling it. It takes me a long time to find one that will fit the req's.

Doesnt that machine sound bad ass tho!!!! it would make for some intense workouts and new routines. I would love to just go from one excersize into another for a diff bodypart. That would be so sweet.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
well i had another yesterday but i wasnt feeling it. It takes me a long time to find one that will fit the req's.

Doesnt that machine sound bad ass tho!!!! it would make for some intense workouts and new routines. I would love to just go from one excersize into another for a diff bodypart. That would be so sweet.
Still smoking crack then? :fool2:

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Unless you found a way to switch the direction of the resistance, you would only be getting the concentric portion on the exercise.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
These machines exist....but they suck.

I've seen a couple gyms that have these special rooms with only hydraulic type equipment. You cant set the weight. I went in one once to get my BF tested by a trainer and sat down on a machine that you could hammer curl up then tricep press down. It felt pretty clunky and not very smooth even with the hydraulic resistance. They had one for quad/ham extension/curls too.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
It would be pneumatic and you could digitally control the resistance via a cental air compressor. it would use a bicycle pump valve. basically no matter whether you are pushing or pulling you are compressing the cylinder and getting resistance because of the air pressure. This is rediculusly possible to do!

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It would be pneumatic and you could digitally control the resistance via a cental air compressor. it would use a bicycle pump valve. basically no matter whether you are pushing or pulling you are compressing the cylinder and getting resistance because of the air pressure. This is rediculusly possible to do!
Yes, thats exactly what I just described. And once again its not a new invention....

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well if someone knows where there might be some to just look at....

i was thinking that it would have to be pneumatic/hydraulic because i got the idea from something like that. When i was in the Airforce working on f-16 there was a jet fuel starter and if the pressure in the tank wasnt enough we would start a line and pump that fcuker until you got tired. it was quite a nice workout. I would imagine the machines you guys have brought up are quite poorly built or basically normal theory in pneumatic or whatever it may be. I was thinking more like a pulley system but with computer monitored changing of pulley positions etc. I guess it would be hard to set the weights, heights and all the other adjustments but get a geek in there to make a user interface. with some funding BAM! we are talking Ivan Drago training son! lol.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well if someone knows where there might be some to just look at....

i was thinking that it would have to be pneumatic/hydraulic because i got the idea from something like that. When i was in the Airforce working on f-16 there was a jet fuel starter and if the pressure in the tank wasnt enough we would start a line and pump that fcuker until you got tired. it was quite a nice workout. I would imagine the machines you guys have brought up are quite poorly built or basically normal theory in pneumatic or whatever it may be. I was thinking more like a pulley system but with computer monitored changing of pulley positions etc. I guess it would be hard to set the weights, heights and all the other adjustments but get a geek in there to make a user interface. with some funding BAM! we are talking Ivan Drago training son! lol.
I'll check out who manufactures the machines at my gym. Maybe they have a website. And I think they are adjustable.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
sounded good to me at first... then travis popped the bubble

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay I checked out these machines today. They didnt have a web address on them but they are made by Quantum and I am pretty sure the link below is their website. I could only find these two machines on this link but this looks just like them:

http://www.quantumfitness.com/quick/index.shtml

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
all I can say is ......wow.. those look really boring. If I were to make some hydrolic/pnumatic excercise equipment, It would be gunmetal black with steel braided lines going to a loud ass air compressor. You would be intimidated by the machine to the point that its very prescence would upgrade a curves to a underground dungeon gym.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all I can say is ......wow.. those look really boring. If I were to make some hydrolic/pnumatic excercise equipment, It would be gunmetal black with steel braided lines going to a loud ass air compressor. You would be intimidated by the machine to the point that its very prescence would upgrade a curves to a underground dungeon gym.
Yeah I would agree. But the room at my gym that has all these in it is designed to be like a private room. For people who are apparently to shy to walk their fat arses into the weight room. There is even curtains up all around. Never see anyone in there either...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is just gay.

The machine im thinking of would use actual weight on a pulley system. I guess it would take some really good engineering. That pump kind of stuff mustve been around before i was born.