neck exercises

bishop17

Banned
Awards
Does anyone know any good neck exercises....I seem to be growing everywhere except my skinny ass neck....Is it suppose to grow on its own or what?>

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
try to do it like what the rugby guy does always. Lie down on a bench without your head touching on the bench, ask your partner to push your head down and you try to fight back at the same time, and then try to fight your head back up while ur partner give you resistance. 10 sec up and 10 sec down. Do it front and back and sideway. Or you can buy the stuff where you can put the plate on the rope and hang it on your head and do the same thing( i dun know whats the name). Do it 3 times a week. Keep it up bro

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Even just lying face down on a bench with your head hanging over the edge and raising it for 3 sets of 10-15 is pretty tough..at least for me. But then my brain is exceptionally large :study:

You can have some of my neck muscle..gots too much.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Even just lying face down on a bench with your head hanging over the edge and raising it for 3 sets of 10-15 is pretty tough..at least for me. But then my brain is exceptionally large :study:

You can have some of my neck muscle..gots too much.
I do these occasionally (not often enough as I dont remember to work the neck).

Also you can take a small plate and rest it on your forehead while doing these for a little added resistance.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep. It's one of those "humiliating" excercises. A 10lb plate is really heavy after a while, lol.

PimpinLow98

Awards
In wreastling we would do like a crab stand on our neck and role around with or head and it would streach or neck muscles and make them stronger. Good exercise but takes some time to get used to.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used to do that when I wrestled when I was 14...I'm not about to attempt it these days considering I'm 100 pounds heavier lol.

PimpinLow98

Awards
you could use one of those blow up balls to support your back and then use your head to stand on ground and move you body but i takes practice and getting used. Thats the begginer way of doing it. Mostly any one could do it this way.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Are you trying to get me to do the girly neck stands so you can make fun of me later?!?

Just kidding. I probably could do a bridge pretty easily..I have a thick, strong neck. I'd prefer a lower impact excercise though because I know what kind of compression issues bridging (as we called it back in the day) can do.