Thoughts on this split (twice a week)

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just curious what everyone think of this split. A guy I occasionally lift with wants me to jump into this with him. I have never really lifted 5 times a week. Im not sure about his set/rep scheme yet but I believe its similar to HST (obviously not full body workouts).

Here it is:

Mon: bi's/tri's
Tues: shoulders/traps
Wed: Legs
Thur: back/bi's
Fri: chest/tris
Saturday: off
Sunday: off

I am looking to improve arm size so I'm a bit curious about training them 2x/week. Currently I am bulking. :burg:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks good. I'm guessing on mon your hitting the bi's tri's hard. Then thurs and fri its high rep work for them right? 2 times a week works probably be comparalbe to once a week for size gains. I also feel that 2 times a week is superior to once a week for strenght gains. Of coarse it depends on training volume and intensity. I'd say give it a try.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here it is:

Mon: bi's/tri's
Tues: shoulders/traps
Thur: back/bi's
Fri: chest/tris
Saturday: off
Sunday: off
I think that'd be good if your bulking and eating a good amount of clean cals. Just make sure to get enough sleep too. I dont know abuot hitting them 1st during the week. I never liked doing that Maybe push arms to friday and hit somthing like this

Mon: Chest/tris
Tue: Back/bis
Thur: Shoulders/traps
Fri: Bi's/Tri's
Sat & Sun: OFF

JMO. I may be hitting chest twice a week to work on that area, I'll keep checking in with you to see how your arms are doing as my bi's are my next weak link. :(

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks good. I'm guessing on mon your hitting the bi's tri's hard. Then thurs and fri its high rep work for them right? 2 times a week works probably be comparalbe to once a week for size gains. I also feel that 2 times a week is superior to once a week for strenght gains. Of coarse it depends on training volume and intensity. I'd say give it a try.
I am not real sure on that but I do know he doesn't hit the bi's/tri's as hard on his chest and back days.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think that'd be good if your bulking and eating a good amount of clean cals. Just make sure to get enough sleep too. I dont know abuot hitting them 1st during the week. I never liked doing that Maybe push arms to friday and hit somthing like this

Mon: Chest/tris
Tue: Back/bis
Thur: Shoulders/traps
Fri: Bi's/Tri's
Sat & Sun: OFF

JMO. I may be hitting chest twice a week to work on that area, I'll keep checking in with you to see how your arms are doing as my bi's are my next weak link. :(
Yeah I'll try to keep this updated. I will be "assisted" supplement wise in the next couple of weeks. It will be a log so I'll just try to remember to link it up.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, did arms today. Havent done bi's/tri's on the same day in probably a couple years. Crazy full.