cardio during "week off"

househead

househead

Awards
So if I wanted to take a week off to avoid overtraining, would 45 minutes of cardio + abs defeat the purpose? I won't know what to do w/myself with a full week off. I'll prolly end up drinking all week and be worse off.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
So if I wanted to take a week off to avoid overtraining, would 45 minutes of cardio + abs defeat the purpose? I won't know what to do w/myself with a full week off. I'll prolly end up drinking all week and be worse off.
dude!! thats my problem right now! this is my first week off in like seven months and i'm going crazy! i know its mental, but i keep thinking that im shrinking! no joke. in reality im not, maybe not looking as full as i did postworkout last week, but in no way have i shrunk. i started eating sh1tty the other day and felt bad about it so i've been doing cardio every day since. i don't see how this could defeat your purpose. if i didn't do that i'd feel lazy as hell. you don't necessarily have to run a marathon, just go for a 2 mile walk or something like that. good luck

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
I think active recovery type stuff would be great for a deloading week. I would just make sure you are monitoring the intensity closely and not push too hard on the cardio.

Jason