Vein in Your Bicep

shreddedkid11

Awards
my question is how to get that sick looking vein running through your biceps. my biceps are 15 1/2 inches but no vein. do i have to decrease my bodyfat or just keep training. i am 6'1 185 lbs. thanks

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Extremely low bodyfat and I believe it is also too genetic.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
bf and maybe genetics - I didn't think mine would ever show, but it's beginning to now that my bf is below 15%. I also have a nice peak :cool:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its genetic. I get spider veins on my biceps but not the large one up the middle that your talking of.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
When I am 230lbs my bicep vein isnt that great, I am 210lbs now and its very noticable. last summer when I was 200lbs it was like a 1/4 bar sticking out when I was curling, was awesome. Id vote for bf

lazerss9

Awards
i dont think im very genetically gifted for bodybuilding, but i have a low bf and my vein only shows when im working my biceps.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have 3-D veins going up my forearms, through the biceps and all the way to the delts. Both my parents and a few other close relatives have thick,3-D veins in the crook of their arms and by their wrist. I'm also a fairly low bf%.

Factors that increase vascularity are total blood volume, bodyfat, genetics, and temperature (if it's really cold, you're veins will disappear.).

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I have 3-D veins going up my forearms, through the biceps and all the way to the delts. Both my parents and a few other close relatives have thick,3-D veins in the crook of their arms and by their wrist. I'm also a fairly low bf%.

Factors that increase vascularity are total blood volume, bodyfat, genetics, and temperature (if it's really cold, you're veins will disappear.).
good advice but your pecker also dissappears in the cold u must not forget to warn people

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
I think a lot of it has to do with the type of activities that you did, I have a good one in my right arm from tennis and my left arm, which wasn't worked as well has more smaller ones but not the ginormeous one down the side,

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any and all flowing fluids are given a reynolds number (Re). This is a dimensionless number that tells you if the flow is turbulent, laminar, or 'transition' (somewhere between the two). The human body is a kick-ass work of biologic ingeniuty, and has the ability to 'adapt'. When the flow rate of blood increases, your veins will dialate in attempt to stay within a certain range of Reynolds numbers.

Vascularity is strictly proportional to the rate of blood flow to that particular region of the body. The various methods mentioned above are ways of going about this particular increase in flow.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
deffinately lower body fat and it should be there, but maybe genetics.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
For me atleast is body fat, when I started to drop excess chub, more viens are more visible.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
When the flow rate of blood increases, your veins will dialate in attempt to stay within a certain range of Reynolds numbers.Vascularity is strictly proportional to the rate of blood flow to that particular region of the body.
so if you work out your biceps and forearms more frequently and have a lowered body fat your veins will show more because A. they have increased blood flow and will dialate to keep up with demand and B. you have a lower bf% so you can see whats under your skin

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
IGF-1
Tren
Eq

...can all bring out vascularity...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so if you work out your biceps and forearms more frequently and have a lowered body fat your veins will show more because A. they have increased blood flow and will dialate to keep up with demand and B. you have a lower bf% so you can see whats under your skin
Not necessarily more frequently (maybe more intensely would be a better word), and results will vary upon users. Afterall, genetics is a factor to this equation.

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
bf plays a big part, but if your predisposed to NOT losing fat on your arms quickly, which is mighty hard, OR if you just have thinner veins that others... you will not see them...

i will say however, that blood pressure and vasodilation play a huge role in the vein getting larger... i've seen and i've experienced a large increase in my vascularity just due to preworkout supps... heavy and SLOW resistence over the period of months, ie, heavy concentration curls... and carb loading before workouts... doing those consistently over the period of months have gradually increased my vein size...

however i don't feel that TOTAL bf plays a huge role, as i have a good amt of bf around my mid section, yet when i kick up my bicep routine, or any routine involving free weights where my forearm is under alot of contraction (heavy n tight grip) i'm like a spiderweb, roadmap, whatever u wanna call it.. that coupled with the fact that i do NOT have much bf AROUND my bicep... i also used to have the veins that run up the pubic bone... but... thanks to a lil bit too much protein, not enough cardio and a lackluster ab routine... bye bye veins... : ) however, once again i wasn't super thin...

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
carb cycling too.... strategic nutrient uptake can cause massive vasodilation just because blood volume increases due to the sugar pumped through your veins... couple that with muscles who are under a large stress such as heavy lifting and whamo, veins will show (if not soon, then overtime :D )

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I was doing curls yesterday and ended the session with some dumbell reverse curls. Those puppies were screaming vascularity all over the place. I wanted to take a pic but I left my phone in the car. My right bicep look weird though. Like a little rope being twisted. I got a great pump yesterday to:thumbsup:

PimpinLow98

Awards
Take 2 lines of that powder and then on top of that take a nitric oxide supplement and caffience supplement and they will stick out pretty good. You will also get great pumps in the gym. Doctor reccomened.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Take 2 lines of that powder and then on top of that take a nitric oxide supplement and caffience supplement and they will stick out pretty good. You will also get great pumps in the gym. Doctor reccomened.
Lines?? Caffeine- vasoconstrictor= less veins. NO-vasodialator= more veins.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Incline Hammer Curls after doing 4 sets of preacher bench...ouch.

It's mostly bf related but genetics and also IMO the amount of years you have been lifting really come into play. I was much leaner when I was in my teens and 20's but not as vascular because I didn't train anywhere near the level I do now. Years of heavy lifting will bring out the vascularity IMO.

On my right bi, I have the large parallel bi vein coming out of the top of the bi. On the left..it never pops up but I have several smaller lateral veins the bulge pretty good when lifting. It's weird.

PimpinLow98

Awards
Do you guys have like a dent in your bicep i have one when i flex on the top inside of my bicep is that weird.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys have like a dent in your bicep i have one when i flex on the top inside of my bicep is that weird.
Could be the separation between the two heads of your bicep as it is two muscles not one with a dent. Option B - mutant biceps resulting from over tightening of rubber tubes.

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
caffeine is a vasodilator as well... as it acts to block the absorption of epinephrine and norepinephrine. both of which have very unique properties that not only vasoconstrict some blood vessels, but it helps dilate others... i hate when people think that just because it's a known vasoconstrictor, that it's uniformly a constrictor. read up on your hormones... and their antagonists.

PimpinLow98

Awards
addijahq I thought the same thing but somewhatgifted i guess knows everything so i guess he is right.

NOT

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
caffeine is a vasodilator as well... as it acts to block the absorption of epinephrine and norepinephrine. both of which have very unique properties that not only vasoconstrict some blood vessels, but it helps dilate others... i hate when people think that just because it's a known vasoconstrictor, that it's uniformly a constrictor. read up on your hormones... and their antagonists.
I have read that caffeine is a constrictor, simply put. So azzhole post an article and tell my why im wrong and ill say "oh sorry" instead of trying to rub my nose in it, bc i harassing some guy with a post including cocaine as a vasodialator. gimme a break who are you helping with your attitude.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It blocks epinephrine and norepinephrine receptors. What are you talking about with absorption?

PimpinLow98

Awards
I have read that caffeine is a constrictor, simply put. So azzhole post an article and tell my why im wrong and ill say "oh sorry" instead of trying to rub my nose in it, bc i harassing some guy with a post including cocaine as a vasodialator. gimme a break who are you helping with your attitude.
Calm down thier hot rod it was a joke.:stick:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
heres some rep for your knowledge. you know what your talking about.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i couldnt get that vein but then i did eq and var with a strict diet and bam! there it is

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
It's mostly bf related but genetics and also IMO the amount of years you have been lifting really come into play. I was much leaner when I was in my teens and 20's but not as vascular because I didn't train anywhere near the level I do now. Years of heavy lifting will bring out the vascularity IMO.
I agree that training experience has the highest correlation to the size of your veins. No matter how fat your are they get huge with a long training history, and the lower your bf the more you can see them. I feel like i can tell how long someone has been lifting just by looking at their veins. JMO.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
i saw a huge vain diffrence when i took nano from muscle tech it makes ur vains biger to let you get max blood flow when i would curl looked like a snake under my skill lol

TheDrive

Awards
That sick vein!

Of course you have to start with a very dense, hard muscle condition. A couple guys mentioned diet and that leads me to my next comment. (I know a lot of people don't like this supplement, but for me at least, it works wonders) NxLabs Methyl Ripped concentrates on decreasing fat layers just beneath the skin. The only way that vein will really "stick out" is if your skin is wrapped tightly over that muscle. Reducing body fat during a strong cutting cycle will definitely improve that 'look'. One of the guys I work with is in phenominal shape at 35 years old. He isn't bulky, but he is f*cking shreddddded. He's at 4.5% body fat. You see veins everywhere! Hopefully I made some sense with this post...

joekrist

Awards
i have veins being very visible in my forearms, biceps, and when i flex you can see them in the delts too. i have low bf, also i tend to lift in high sets and reps, like biceps usually ill do like 4-5 exercises doing usually 5-6 sets with 12-15 reps per set. my friend does lower sets and reps and he just doesnt get them. im probably wrong its prob just bf and genetics.

EEE479

Awards
Take some Nitric Oxide and maybe some Creatine. Creatine transports that thin layer of water under your skin to your muscles.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
I think it has a lot to do with bf and years lifting. genetics maybe, but if I'm not mistaken, that is a major artery. I had to lift for over two years, and get my bf down to around 14 before it ever showed up, now finally after more and more experience more vascularity is coming out. And they're getting bigger. Not to mention, yohimbine in the last couple of months lol.