How to add strenght to my shoulders?

B

Buracho

Awards
Guys what exercises or workouts would you recommend to strenghten my shoulders.. lookinh forward to your replies. thnx

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I have kind of different routine for my shoulders. I've broken my back twice so I can't do anything with weight pushing down on my spine. No military press, squats, etc.. After I warm up, I do 3 sets of front raises, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 3 sets of rear delt work, 3 sets of upright rows, and shrugs. Surprisingly, shoulders have improved more than most of my other body parts. Widened big time. Hope that helps a little.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started doing rotator cuff exercises (medium weight/high rep) before my shoulder routine and My shoulder strength sky rocketed. My bench too. I also found doing reverse shoulder routine to not only add more width to your shoulders but strength too. Bentover lateral raises, Lateral raises, upright rows, military press, and front raises if you need them. Usually your front delts are so tired by the time you get to military you wont need the front raises. Try this for a month then switch it up. This worked great for me. GL

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Seated barbell and dumbell over heads. Plus you aint gonna get big when that barbell is 135lbs. Throw 260 on there and go nuts!

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
seated bb millitary press to the front (to be safe) is king for shoulder strength

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the bradford press and rarley seen it used. Like metroba I also do rotator cuff work. I think everybody should as prehab for their shoulders.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the bradford press and rarley seen it used. Like metroba I also do rotator cuff work. I think everybody should as prehab for their shoulders.
those rotator exercises make a world of difference.

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definatley. I started doing external rotations years ago when I could barley bench due to pain. I've never stopped and its nice to be able to bench without my shoulders makeing any nasty popping sounds.lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definatley. I started doing external rotations years ago when I could barley bench due to pain. I've never stopped and its nice to be able to bench without my shoulders makeing any nasty popping sounds.lol
My bench shot up like 35lbs in 3 weeks due to this.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established