6-pack only when flexing?

qozon

Awards
I've seemingly had this problem forever and I cant say ive met many others with the same problem. For some reason, i've got an awesome clearly visisbly six pack when i flex the abs, but when im completly lose its absolutely nothing.

how can i make it like when its flexed all the time?

ps i guess i could just flex my abs indefintely when i dont have a shirt on...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
No, don't just succumb to not having abs when there is clearly a way that you can always have them visible. If you get botox injections into each 'cube' of muscle you'll get a constant flex out of them (for atleast months at a time).

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
um, ok bro weighted abb training make them pop

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
yeah i have this problem to, but i really thing that is the way alot of people are. on the other hand, u could just completely dehydrate yourself and they will look the way they do when u flex. thats how i dropped weight back as a wrestler and i looked ripped. obviously not to healthy though

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, don't just succumb to not having abs when there is clearly a way that you can always have them visible. If you get botox injections into each 'cube' of muscle you'll get a constant flex out of them (for atleast months at a time).
Do you ever have anything useful to say?

The blurriness is probably from an electrolyte/water imbalance.

chaos92287

Awards
burn the fat on top of them and do some weighted ab excercises to make them really pop

qozon

Awards
alright sounds good, because the way i see it, i dont really need to lose anymore fat if they obviously have the ability to be visible.

How heavy should I go with the weighted ab training?
over/under 35 lb?

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
alright sounds good, because the way i see it, i dont really need to lose anymore fat if they obviously have the ability to be visible.

over/under 35 lb?
make ur abbs scream then u know its working. honestly find where it works for u

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

over/under 35 lb?
Depends on how strong your core is. Obviously, progressive resistance will yield the best results. Also, make sure to do trunk rotations and woodchoppers; they are great for ab tightening and development.

qozon

Awards
Somewhere between 8-10 if I had to venture a guess. I used to be 7 before i started bulking so I think the 8-10 range would be a good guess.

lol sry about the thread placement wasnt really sure so i just put it in the biggest forum :think:

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
you have to get your bf% really really low.

i didn't think i could get my abs to show without flexing either, but two years ago i went on a super strict 6 month cut and they were visable without flexing at that time.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
heavy cable crunches work great for me

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
It's sounds to me that one of two things is happening.

1. You have some BF on top of the muscle. Adjust your diet a bit and up the water intake.

OR

2. The muscle underneath is underdeveloped. Make sure when you exercise the muscle you are concentrating on each rep and not just pounding them out. Slow controlled reps really help make my abs stand out. Some good bodyweight exercises are extreme decline crunches, swiss ball hyperextension crunches, hanging leg raises, V-ups. Also, concentrate on your core when doing deads and squats.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Imagine i laid 6 bricks out on the ground spaced apart similar to how the rectus abdominus is laid out.

= =
= =
= =

Now cover that with a pile of sand. Although the bricks (flexed abs) will still seem to protrude, there is still a layer of sand (bodyfat) on top.