Abs and Squat While on PH Cycle?

Eagleman003

Awards
I was wondering if working out my abs while on a 4 week 1ad/4ad cycle would cause my stomach to become slightly distended due to the fact that the ab muscles might "grow" because of the high levels of anabolic hormones present in the body.

ALSO I love squatting and working out legs for the natural test increase and rush you feel the next day but my legs have become very genetically big compared to my upper body. Squatting on a PH cycle would be a great chance to increase my squat strength dramatically but also at the same time my legs would grow a lot and I might not even be able to fit into my jeans or shorts (Seriously.. lol).

My question is that if i throw legs out the window while on the cycle will this give me upper body more of a chance to grow since im not training my legs? Helppp!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
IMO, distention is from a person's *insides* growing, not the ab muscles themselves. This causes the abs to be pushed outward. I don't think the actual ab muscles would cause this look. I've seen some dudes w/ some sick abs, and they don't have distention.

Always train legs. They are your base.

Eagleman003

Awards
My legs are literally interfering with my life lol. I cant wear most jeans cause the leg region is too small.

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
What are the stats for your legs, You should never stop doing legs unless you physically can not!!! I've had the same problem in the past but was able to find some jeans with a lot of leg room at Old Navy

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your abs will not grow and become distended for a PH cycle. I have had the same problem with buying pants/shorts when I was doing my heavy squats and lunges. Not many places have jeans with a 32" waist and room for a pair of 30" thighs, but, like it was said, I was able to find some decent jeans at Old Navy.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I just go bottomless...everywhere I go.

It's nice in the summer.

Eagleman003

Awards
I just measured and their 28 inches.. I'm not looking to compete or anything and that is as big as i want them considering i like to wear baggy jeans and its affecting my "lifestyle." I also asked if not lifting legs during the cycle would leave more "room" for my upper body to grow?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just measured and their 28 inches.. I'm not looking to compete or anything and that is as big as i want them considering i like to wear baggy jeans and its affecting my "lifestyle." I also asked if not lifting legs during the cycle would leave more "room" for my upper body to grow?
How do you generally train legs? High volume, low volume?

Eagleman003

Awards
I actually do very low volume. I usually do:

Squat 45 x 12
135 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 5 (3 Sets to failure)

I'm not going fully parralel to the floor due to a knee injury i suffered 4 years ago from basketball.

Then i just do 3 sets for hamstrings and 3 sets for calfs lol.

I just have genetically big and strong legs from playing bball over the years i guess. I have around a 33" vert.

Eagleman003

Awards
So if i dont work out my lower body during the cycle will that leave more "room" for my upper body to grow?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
So if i dont work out my lower body during the cycle will that leave more "room" for my upper body to grow?
You've asked this question over and over and I still don't understand what you are asking. I must be ill.

What is your chest/lat measurement?

Eagleman003

Awards
My Chest/Lat measurement is 43" without expanding my ribcage and widening my lats. I don't understand how this is going to help answer my question lol. My legs look good enough from playing basketball and genetically; If not working them out equates to having more room for my upperbody to grow I would gladly drop my leg workout for 4 weeks.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Neglecting the training of your legs, rather than leaving "room for the upper body to grow", will probably result in less gains in your upper body due to the same effects you mentioned in your first post, whether you're on a PH cycle or not.

If you don't want to gain size, change your sets and reps. You can still gain a lot of strength if your legs are that big.

Try doing 3-5 sets of 2-3 reps on squats, and single leg variations. The short TUT time with high percentage of 1rm will likely lead to a lot more strength than size.

Eagleman003

Awards
Yea thats a really good idea but I dont wanna use even my 3 rep max on a 2 rep set cuase i could injure myself but i see what ur saying

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Neglecting the training of your legs, rather than leaving "room for the upper body to grow", will probably result in less gains in your upper body due to the same effects you mentioned in your first post, whether you're on a PH cycle or not.

If you don't want to gain size, change your sets and reps. You can still gain a lot of strength if your legs are that big.

Try doing 3-5 sets of 2-3 reps on squats, and single leg variations. The short TUT time with high percentage of 1rm will likely lead to a lot more strength than size.
If he has a genetic tendency for leg mass, it is probably because he has more type IIX muscle fibers than most people. This is my problem and when I was doing Westside training for legs, they grew so fast that I got stretch marks.

Alpha-male

Awards
Sup Eagleman003. I see what you're getting at with that question. I would guess that if you're working out your lower body less, your upper body will have more nutrients and better recuperation since the energy that would've been going to repairing the lower body would now be added to the energy it was taking to repair your upper body. This is just a guess. Anyways like everyone else said you should still not stop working your legs out. You should always work your legs out, you can just change the training type, or focus more on calves than on upper legs, or work legs to get better endurance, whatever it is, but don't stop working them out. Good luck.

Later.

Eagleman003

Awards
how about for abs? I want to reduce my waist size as much as possible but still wanna gain a good 10 pounds on this 4 week cycle. Will doing ab excersises distend my stomach at all or make my waist seem bigger?

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
You probably already have abs, under some fat. I never recommend too much direct ab work (especially high volume). Try to incorporate exercises that use the abs while you're making a compound movement.