John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who here has done DC training exclusively? for how long and what were your results.

Im Interested in it. Hear you cant do it for too long. I do Dc stretches. Dc calves.

Chemist2234

Chemist2234

Awards
Hey man, I have done it for a while now with much success. About doing long....you can do it for as long as you want. What i would suggest to you is that you go over to Intensemuscle.com and read up. Most people on that forum train exclusively DC style. Lots of info there and if you search around i'm sure you'll find everything you need to know.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey man, I have done it for a while now with much success. About doing long....you can do it for as long as you want. What i would suggest to you is that you go over to Intensemuscle.com and read up. Most people on that forum train exclusively DC style. Lots of info there and if you search around i'm sure you'll find everything you need to know.
Yeah Ive been reading up there. How much lean muscle have you gained? How long have you done Dc Training?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
for about 6 weeks and had great results but it wore me the hell out. I mean I was pretty much done every day during that cycle. That and the constant note taking was too much for me to deal with during some trying times :)

Seemed very solid but I also think if I had put that kind of energy and dedication in other programs I would of seen good results too.

Chemist2234

Chemist2234

Awards
for about 6 weeks and had great results but it wore me the hell out. I mean I was pretty much done every day during that cycle. That and the constant note taking was too much for me to deal with during some trying times :)

Seemed very solid but I also think if I had put that kind of energy and dedication in other programs I would of seen good results too.
the note taking sucks...especially after the WM i have trouble adding the weight up and writing it down. completely drains my body. The way to keep from getting exhausted is that the DC routine is split up into what is called a blast and cruise. A blast is where you do the regular routine until you start to feel worn out and you are no longer making progress on your lifts. This is where you begin the cruise phase. you do all of the regular lifts you normally do but you do not go to failure. its a recuperating period. I'm leaving out a lot of specifics which you can find over at intense muscle. Hope DC works out for ya smeton.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I did a true DC for about 8 weeks, and have now adapted it to my personal "DC style" routine. It takes a little while to get used to only doing a single lift for each muscle, but now I really like it.

What I really like about DC training:
1) Focus on getting stronger every single workout
2) If you plateau on a current lift, drop it and switch to a new one (this really keeps gains coming)
3) Hitting each muscle twice as much
4) Only doing a single lift for a muscle on a given day (this seems strange at first, but if my intensity is high enough, that muscle will still be spent for the next 2-3 days. When I was doing 3-4 lifts per muscle, I really wasn't getting much out of the last 2 lifts because the muscle was so worked already.)

What I didn't like about DC training: Rest-Pause sets. They worked fine for some lifts, but I found on others (like DB presses) that the second and third segments of the RP set were pretty much worthless. For example, a typical RP set on DB bench would be 10-2-1. By the end I could barely hold the weight.

So for the past 6 weeks, I've dropped the RP sets. Instead, I do 2-3 hard sets (to failure) for each lift, which works much better for me personally.

It is a little hard to judge the gains I made on DC, since I've been cutting fat for most of the time... but I have continued to gain strength for the most part.