Frontal body Question

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Okie ive been hardcore training for a while now currently taking

EFA's + Cee + Protein Etc.. But i just cant seem to form those perfect tear drop pecs :wave: or those nice abs i kinda have that body of a hour glass forming :-/ so i dunno what to do... my arms are cut up and so is my back.. but those two r my problem spots... maybe more reps? more sets? what you guys think... and im 21 5'11 175~lbz

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, I'd be more then happy to give you my 2 cents, and I'm sure a lot of other guys would too...

Post up your workout routine (as detailed as possible)

and diet...

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
My routine currently

Workout 2 on 1 off

EXERCISE

Day 1
4 sets @ 10 reps
Bench Press -10
Incline Bench Press - 10
Flyes - 10
Front Shoulder Press -10

3 sets @ 10 reps
DB Lateral Raise - 10 Reps
Cable Front Shoulder Raise - 10 Reps
Shrugs - 10
Tricep Bench Dips - 10
Tricep Pushdowns - 10
Kickbacks - 10 Reps
Own Ab routine

Day2
4sets
Leg Press - 10
Leg Extensions - 10
3sets @10
Lying Leg Curls -
DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts -
Seated Calf Raise - 15 Reps

4sets @ 10

Front Pullups - 10
Wide Grip Pullups- 10

3sets @10
T Bar Row -
Seated Wide Grip Row -
Rear Lat Pulldown -
Incline Bench Curl -
Preacher Curls -
Reverse Curls -
Own ab routine

I was going up in weight every 2 weeks after 2 full routines a week. But results were becoming minimal... so i started listening to my friend about changing my routine every week so that i can maximize my growing potential b/c you are constantly affecting your fast/slow twitch fibers...

For diet i mainly eat Tuna/ Eggs / Chicken / Oatmeal or Whole grain cereal. No fast food no drinking no garbage basically lol Occasional carbs.. like whole wheat bread
About 100~200gs protein a day i try for

Tell me what you think
:blink:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I personally take in between 350 and 400 grams of protein a day...I forget my exact ratio but it is about 55P/35C/20F and like 3500cals...

You need to eat to put on weight.

I would personally change the routine quite a bit too.
You're overtraining like crazy...and I NEVER use that word...

I'll try and get more specific in a minute...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
What do you do for your ab routine?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I would switch things up to a more classic routine...I personally like High Volume Training, Hitting each muscle group once a week. Working out 4 or 5 times a week.

As far as your lifts for chest, drop the reps a little and conentrate on adding some weight. I'd go with...

Flat Bench would go something like: warmup set, a set of 8, with the 8th rep being pretty hard to complete, then another with 6 reps at a higher weight, then another with 4 reps at a higher weight. Hopefully that last rep would need to be assisted.

This would promote hypertrophy...

And for abs, I like body weight exercises, but different ones everyday. One day I do some swixx ball crunches, maybe 4 sets of 30. The next I'lll do hanging leg raises at 4 sets of 15 (holding the final raise for 5 seconds). The next will be decline crunches for 4 sets of 25. Get creative with it, ya know.

I've see guys that do no ab work and have amazing abs too... These guys will do a lot of big lifts like squats, deads, ect. without a belt, to hit those stabalizer muscles.

I like to change routines every 3 months...but again that is up to preference.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Thnx

Thank you and for abs we do some crazy routine and maybe that makes sense im just over working my muscles thus they cant repair + grow :-/

For abs
We do about 15-20 different excercises hitting everyaspect of the abdominal section.. they are getting stronger.. but maybe i need to work on diet.. b/c i can feel that they like a rock but nothing to show for it :-/