How much can you bench?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I maxed out on one rep the other day for the first time in years. I was surprised at how much i could actually do.
I weight 190 and i benched 295. i am sure i could do 300 if i tried again since i know what i can do and would not have to work my way up.

so how much can everyone else do? and include weight too so i can learn what is good for certain wait classes.

ps: i know this is a sophmoric post but i dont care. (sh1t smily is not working)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I maxed out on one rep the other day for the first time in years. I was surprised at how much i could actually do.
I weight 190 and i benched 295. i am sure i could do 300 if i tried again since i know what i can do and would not have to work my way up.

so how much can everyone else do? and include weight too so i can learn what is good for certain wait classes.

ps: i know this is a sophmoric post but i dont care. (sh1t smily is not working)
Not as much as I want to :) 365 @ 205, but I squat over 600- my lower body and core is much stronger than my upper.... :good:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
right now...315...

previously i've done 405 and I think 425...but that was about a year ago

3PeteNC

3PeteNC

Awards
375 @ 205, just hurt my shoulder and i was about to max out again, ****ing rotator cuff

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
375x1 @ 190 Bodyweight.

Did this yesterday.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not enough and I weigh too much but thank you for bringing up this painful subject. Excuse me while I go cut myself now.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Not enough and I weigh too much but thank you for bringing up this painful subject. Excuse me while I go cut myself now.
I'm with Jay on this one... :ntome:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
You sound like a lot of my little brothers friends. Jay, its NOT cool to be emo. :)

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i agree with jay all the way

im 187lbs

flat bench 225 x 10
incline 255 x 10
decline 275 x10
:(
i havent maxed lately, i have a minor shoulder injury

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I'm so emo my lawn cuts itself.
lmao that is great stuff. ahhahahaha.

I love making fun of the emos.

My bench is no longer at 250. i went downhill big time. Im restarting my lifting. lol

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well im not going to say anything because you smaller guys lift alot more than i do.

rocksolid84

Awards
Well compared to you guys im on the low side

i max at 230 @ 125 bodyweight

rocksolid84

Awards
thats a pretty damn good bench for such a low bodyweight, do you powerlift bro?

haha to sound like retard, i dont really know the difference, like i just stick to low rep, high weight, and such, but thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it bro

3PeteNC

3PeteNC

Awards
haha to sound like retard, i dont really know the difference, like i just stick to low rep, high weight, and such, but thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it bro
i gotcha, i was gonna ask if you compete, but i guess that answers my question haha

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
been lifting for 2 years. 315@180lbs. But in the 2 years im had a broken spine(8 months out of lifting and had to start over) broken hand (2 months out of lifting), and now torn ligament in wrist (so far 5 weeks out). Everytime I get somewhere i get crippled and ave to start over lol. But I rarely do high weight low reps.

djl

Awards
  • Established
After my partial RC tear, I'm benching 70 pounds.

Yeah, buddieieieieie, light weight!!!!!!

Sigh.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
345x1 @230lbs

Its really pathetic.

6' 2"

There I edited height in mine

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
at 220lbs around 350 but have gone over 400 10 YEARS AGO

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
havent maxed in a while....but I think my most impressive was 365 @ about 195

but now at 220+ i rep 315 x7-10 on a good day and have inclined with 130s for reps

i guess my max is about 395-405 but I dont really see a point in trying to hit that anytime soon...i wanna be able to rep that sh1t

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
If this thread continues I say everyone should post their height to make us taller guys feel better. Haha!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I don't powerlift at all, but I can do 215x8 reps. Can I calculate a max from that? Probably not. I weigh 182 pounds at the moment.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I don't powerlift at all, but I can do 215x8 reps. Can I calculate a max from that? Probably not. I weigh 182 pounds at the moment.
Your quoted 1 rep max would be 267x1

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Been several years since I've done flat bench. All I've been doing since is incline.
incline: 225lbs x 12 reps @ 200lbs

Just weighed myself today, and I'm down to 191lbs. I can still lift 225 incline for reps (but I don't touch my chest anymore - afraid for shoulders at that weight).

Never attempted a max with inclines.

Best I ever did flat was 365lbs x 1 @ 210lbs

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
I last 1 rep maxed in March. I did 425 but I was on and at ~250lbs which I think sucks!

BTW I'm 6'2"

Do us older guys get any slack for age?

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
No the younger guys get slack because we havent been around that much. Your 15 years ahead, so you should be 15times the strength!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Height: 6-0 if you round off the 3/4 of an inch :D
Weight: 255
Bench: 405 x 3. I did 425 but I weighed 290 when I did that. I did this 6-8 months ago but I stick with dumbell presses since I get better workouts with that.

However, max bench is not the best indicator of a big & ripped chest. This dude hits 90 pound dumbells incline, 110 flat and his pecs make me jealous.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Yeah for good shape in the pecs its not about weight

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Ya but when you have both, your just that much better:dance:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ya but when you have both, your just that much better:dance:
Definitely. I just don't want to see people completely focusing on strength. When this is the focus then TUT and proper techniques are thrown out the window. This usually happens with newbies who want to impress everyone and their momma at the gym . . . I was one of those guys when I was 17-20 :)

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
In my last dream, I benched a little over 500lbs.... But that didn't count..... It was only a dream! :fool2:

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
We might as well be asking everyone what their penis size is. Only the gifted, or wild exaggerators are gonna post on this one.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
We might as well be asking everyone what their penis size is. Only the gifted, or wild exaggerators are gonna post on this one.
LOL, when someone says they have a 12 incher, I'm gonna assume they mean 12 centimeters

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I posted honestly. I take your post to mean that you are ashamed of your bench press weight. Oh well. I won't hold it against you.:thumbsup: