Feet tire out before calves gets the work!

R

RTB

Awards
i tried to explain that title the best i could :think: anyway like most i've been trying to get my calves to grow, however i have a problem that has plagued me for the past few weeks. i change up the exercises like standing, angled, seated, etc but it seems that my feet always go out before my calves get the workout they need. it's kinda hard to explain, but after a few sets my feet just can't take anymore and my calves aren't satisfied. anyone ever had this problem or have any tips for me? thanks

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you may be standing/pressing on your tip-toes. Try using the balls of your feet.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Maybe look into getting some new sneakers specially designed for your feet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use the rest-pause principle. You can use heavier weights and fewer sets this way.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i tried to explain that title the best i could :think: anyway like most i've been trying to get my calves to grow, however i have a problem that has plagued me for the past few weeks. i change up the exercises like standing, angled, seated, etc but it seems that my feet always go out before my calves get the workout they need. it's kinda hard to explain, but after a few sets my feet just can't take anymore and my calves aren't satisfied. anyone ever had this problem or have any tips for me? thanks
Sounds like the muscles on the bottom of your feet are not very well conditioned- and the stretch-load placed on them by all the extra calf work is probably fatiguing them too early...

Try some balance exercises and jumping rope- these will build the muscles on the bottom of your foot and make them more resistant to fatigue- do the balance exercises on something that has some give- like a gym mat, and attempt to stay up on the ball of your foot as long as possible....

R

RTB

Awards
ok thanks guys. i'm not using my tip toes but rms80's reply made sense. it's just that i've been doing calf raises for a while now and my feet didn't tire out like this before. oh well i will try a differrent approach....

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
I have this same issue. I dont know what type of build you have in your legs. My calfs are bigger then most guys genetically, and I believe its just harder for me to train my calfs. I tend to do the rest pause method and hammer away at the sets. It seems the only way I can get my calfs even a little bit.