Jogging shoes for the treadmill

p951

p951

Awards
I've been jogging on the treadmill about 3 times a week for 30minute sessions, at a pace of between 3-7 miles per hour. I jog in my Airwalks or DVS skateboarding shoes. I've never had a problem with this, but I see alot of other people using actual running/jogging shoes like New Balance and Nike. Will my use of the treadmill eventually cause joint problems if I don't switch to a lightweight jogging shoe?

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
I've been jogging on the treadmill about 3 times a week for 30minute sessions, at a pace of between 3-7 miles per hour. I jog in my Airwalks or DVS skateboarding shoes. I've never had a problem with this, but I see alot of other people using actual running/jogging shoes like New Balance and Nike. Will my use of the treadmill eventually cause joint problems if I don't switch to a lightweight jogging shoe?
nowhere does it say that without running shoes, running WILL cause problems, depends on how you run and really on the person.

but running shoes are specifically designed to help ease pressure off the knees and other joints to prevent any potential damages,

although it isnt essential i recommend getting a good pair of running shoes

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get a pair of running shoes; it is not worth the risk of developing any plantar, ankle, or shin problems.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I like the light weight New Balance myself.
I think its worth the investment just to be on the safe side, and the added comfort is nice too.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
it really a longentivity issue, you want to last in the long run, then you use proper technique and equipment.

oafyc

Awards
Go to a running store. They will look at how you run and recommend a certain type depending on if you supinate or pronate excessively. I currently have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 and Glycerin 5. I highly recommend the Brooks brand from what I have tried. Take that with a grain of salt because these have been my first running shoes but I am happy with them.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Go to a running store. They will look at how you run and recommend a certain type depending on if you supinate or pronate excessively. I currently have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 and Glycerin 5. I highly recommend the Brooks brand from what I have tried. Take that with a grain of salt because these have been my first running shoes but I am happy with them.
Yep definetly get a shoe to fit your foot type, it makes a big diffrence.