Extreme Stretching

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who does this ? Please explain if you feel it works. Id like to find vids showing the technique, its sounds too painful, although I like seeing people in pain :rofl:

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I has to do with making micro tares in muscle tissue.. and allowing for streatching to open/increase the size of these perferieations to allow for greater nutrient uptake.. also streatch the casing of the muscle fibers t oallow (or promote/encurrage) growth.

It's also a great excuse to park yourself somewhere with a great view for a while when your done lifting,.. but not yet ready to leave (for whatever reason) :rofl:

bumCakes

bumCakes

Awards
I've heard about this briefly, is this the doggcrap idea?

does anone have any detailed descriptions of the stretches?

Chemist2234

Chemist2234

Awards
Who does this ? Please explain if you feel it works. Id like to find vids showing the technique, its sounds too painful, although I like seeing people in pain :rofl:
If your talking about DC stretching witch is pretty much the same thing, I would highly recommend doing these stretches. When i first started doing these stretches i noticed a significant change in my muscularity. Muscles looked fuller and larger. Painful???
Oh yea, be ready for some intense pain. I think its well worth it though.

DC Streches

Theres the link for some pics that show the DC stretches.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used it when I briefly tried DC and it was very painful but it seemed to work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't use a DC style training program, but I do use the extreme stretching to help the fascia increase elasticity. Flexibility is very important to me and since I started do this, I don't get tendinitis in my elbows from BJJ. I also feel as though it gives the muscle a more shapely look to it and increases my recovery because of the increased bloodflow.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I do this but not nearly enough..because it hoits too baaad. lol

Seriously, it can make you cry, but IMO it's about the only way to really get a serious lifter stretched out properly. I cannot even get into many yoga positions anymore so that is out. The forced pec stretching really produces some visible results in a short time. Opening the chest and shoulders is probably the single best thing a competitor can do.

FnF can probably handle it fine. Women have greater pain tolerance for this kind of thing.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
You guys know of any good links explaining the details of this stuff. I've heard of it, but am now getting intrigued...

I can always google it, but was looking for any of the above poster's favorites.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There's a thread in archives entitled the Dog Crapp Method or DC method..somewhere. It goes into his methods for cycling, training and eating but also has a section describing his forced stretching routine which is godawful and inhumane. lol