training advice from the masters

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
hey dudez, 2 weeks into 1-test/4ad transderm cycle. 4-5kcals/day.up 10 lbs seems well. i've been training tues,wed,thur,sat,sun, twice daily for 20-60 minutes. i have a 3 pairs in my split. day 1=shoulder am, upper back pm. day 2=hams am,quads pm. day 3=chest am,bi/tri pm. is this too isoltaed? i wonder if just good ol' compounds (bp,deadlift,squat)would be better.any sugestions greatly appreciated.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
compound movements are the way to go for me... they have really worked wonders on my body.. instead of doing 2 exercises of 2 sets each of lets say quads just do 3 good sets of squats.. everyone is different but like i said compound movements like dips, squats, and deadlifts have worked wonders...

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
basis of yo' **** should be compounds, I think that's a fairly universally accepted starting point for a training regimen with any real seriousness to it... don't forget to check the training styles threads :)

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
how much should i train?

i read one guy saying "if you're training less than 7 hours a week, you're likely under training". that seems like quite a bit really. how much do you guys do?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the dips LakeMountD. IMO it's one excercise which I don't see enough people incorporate into their routines

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Re: how much should i train?

i read one guy saying "if you're training less than 7 hours a week, you're likely under training". that seems like quite a bit really. how much do you guys do?
I train for about 4 hours a week...including warmup time. About an hour 3 times a day. Did 4 weeks of t1pro and gained about 15 pounds....while staying under 8% bf. Not bad for an endo with 5 years + training....and various "cycles" under my belt. Intensity over duration my friend.

That said...why the 2 a day split?? Hell...3 times a week is plenty if you hit it hard and heavy. You recover outside the gym....doesnt matter whether "on" or off.