Is it OK to lift twice a day?

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
I basically spend one hour on one muscle group every day (rotating muscle groups daily, obviously). I was wondering how effective it would be to come back 10 hours later or so and work that same muscle group again for another hour.

for example:

Day 1
chest from 8am-9am
chest again 6pm-7pm

Day 2
triceps from 8am-9am
triceps again 6pm-7pm

and so on...

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
:think: Why would you do this, whats the reasoning for this question.....no that would not be a good idea at all. First off an hour for triceps is more than enough time being a small muscle then you need to let it rest. Gains come from hitting the muscle to its point of fatigue and then resting and taking in proper nutrition....

If you want to workout twice a day i've seen people, for example go and hit chest in the morning and then in the evening go and do abs and calves but not everyday.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Lifting twice a day will not be beneficial, especially if your gonna hit the same bodypart.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What about having 2 magic windows instead of 1 if you do a different body part in AM than you do in PM 3 Xs a week :)

CROWLER

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering how effective it would be to come back 10 hours later or so and work that same muscle group again for another hour.
Not effective. Less is more.

(Unless you are from Austria and your name is "Arnold" and it feels like you're cumming every moment you're in the gym.)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I currently lift 2x a day once a week on chest/delt day. However, i'm only in the gym 30 minutes each session.