BEnch-press gone wrong- Can Iget a Spot?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I especially like how you can hear the distinct crunching sound of his shoulder breaking AND his ribcage being crushed as 400+ lbs comes crashing down.:wtf:

It's amazing what un-controlled ego will drive people to do.

Hope he's ok.

sean taylor

sean taylor

West Coast Highland Athlete
Awards
  • Established
What the hell where the two guys on either end doing?
That was alot of bulk to be compacted like that.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
That was Steve Wong, he is fine, he actually came back and hit that lift without a problem on his next attempt. The weight is actually 830lbs, not the 600-700lbs the guy is claiming. The sound you heard and thought was bones being crushed was his bench shirt ripping.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
That was Steve Wong, he is fine, he actually came back and hit that lift without a problem on his next attempt. The weight is actually 830lbs, not the 600-700lbs the guy is claiming. The sound you heard and thought was bones being crushed was his bench shirt ripping.
OMFG

The power of cheque drops. :D

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
OMFG

The power of cheque drops. :D
lol, actually Steve is one of the most tested lifters in the sport. I have had 775 fall out of my hands from full extension and land on me, it hurts for a second or two but its not that bad (although I did have a huge bruise from it, lol). Its because of the bench shirts that this happens, one of the reasons I prefer to lift raw.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
lol, actually Steve is one of the most tested lifters in the sport. I have had 775 fall out of my hands from full extension and land on me, it hurts for a second or two but its not that bad (although I did have a huge bruise from it, lol). Its because of the bench shirts that this happens, one of the reasons I prefer to lift raw.
Man, you power lifters are nuts.

I think if that much weight fell on me it would collapse my chest so fast that my entire body would implode and disappear into a parallel universe.

Glad he's ok. ;)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, you power lifters are nuts.

I think if that much weight fell on me it would collapse my chest so fast that my entire body would implode and disappear into a parallel universe.

Glad he's ok. ;)
:rofl: LOL. I know right?

It looks pretty bad i could almost feel it myself, okay maybe not even close but you get the picture.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
lmfao, I just love the way his legs go flying up. Good to hear he was okay.