Determining Proper Proportions?

D

Draven

Awards
  • Established
I've asked this pretty much everywhere now but I really want to find the answer to this so I'll ask here too.

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine what your favorable measuremnets would be for a certain height and weight to be proportionate? I mean, I can look in the mirror, but if I tend to favour a body part it's probably because in my head, it's too small. Does anyone know of a list or something that gives you proper proportions for your height and weight?

F

Flavor

Awards
Attractive body proportions generally follow the golden ratio.

E

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I've asked this pretty much everywhere now but I really want to find the answer to this so I'll ask here too.

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine what your favorable measuremnets would be for a certain height and weight to be proportionate? I mean, I can look in the mirror, but if I tend to favour a body part it's probably because in my head, it's too small. Does anyone know of a list or something that gives you proper proportions for your height and weight?
It's all pretty much opinion, and if there was a set of rules, bone structure would make them hard to follow.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah this would be like impossible to say because some people have broader bodies then others.. best way to tell if your disporportionate is to just take a picture and have some people look at it because your used to seeing yourself in the mirror everyday and sometimes you cant tell, yourself..

I

IronMike

Awards
One that I've heard before is your calves should be the same size or close to the size of your arms.

D

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, your link there doesn't work anymore weaver, had to find it elsewhere.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Does that chart work very well for you guys?

I am way wacked on it.

Do you think the bicep is at your side or flexed?

I

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I think it applies if youre looking at it as a ratio type thing, in other words as long as one part is bigger all parts have to be bigger in accordance. (if bicep is bigger by one inch, than all parts have to be bigger by one inch)

Otherwise it doesnt make sense

F

Flavor

Awards
I think it applies if youre looking at it as a ratio type thing, in other words as long as one part is bigger all parts have to be bigger in accordance. (if bicep is bigger by one inch, than all parts have to be bigger by one inch)

Otherwise it doesnt make sense
Err....................

What else would it be? lol

I

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established

Err....................

well if you look at it for exact measurements, probably most the people here are jacked
didnt seem that selfexplanatory to me but maybe its all the Southern comfort I drank this weekend messing with my brain:) :cool:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Err....................

Actually I do not think that is the way it goes.

I believe it is a ratio not just add an inch to each measurement.