3x3 program for strength

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, program looks decent, honestly. Only thing I would have to offer you is the idea that you can incorporate strength training, and more of a hypertrophic workout in one sittting. IMO, that is the way to go because you really stimulate your fast/slow twitch fibers fully in one workout. I have seen many of my clients excel with this type of rep mixing I am talking about. If you would like some further explanation let me know. Only trying to help you man.:thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He said that he was looking for a pure strength routine and a 3x3 is a pretty solid way to accomplish this. However, don't be surprised if you gain a decent amount of mass during your training.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i use it for my top end bench days, works good for me. that day looks like this:

paused 4boards 3x3
paused 3boards 3x3
db extensions 3-4x10
pushdowns 4x20

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
Hey bro, program looks decent, honestly. Only thing I would have to offer you is the idea that you can incorporate strength training, and more of a hypertrophic workout in one sittting. IMO, that is the way to go because you really stimulate your fast/slow twitch fibers fully in one workout. I have seen many of my clients excel with this type of rep mixing I am talking about. If you would like some further explanation let me know. Only trying to help you man.:thumbsup:
Depending on the load, heavy lifting 3x3 @ 90% will recruit a vast majority of your motor units (nearly impossible to have 100% recruitment) and therefore all muscle fibers in these motor units. Type I, Type IIA, and Type IIB will all be recruited with high enough intensity (weight). Granted there are other types of muscle fibers in between these but these are the three most referenced.

That is not to say that one should only train in the 3 rep range, but Blackjack is right in the sense that most people tend to excel in varied rep ranges. Which is why periodization and other programs are so popular.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Well it seems like the fastest workout ever and gives me plenty of time to work on cardio and endurance. Which is the main thing I need right now.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Wow, this is exactly the kind of routine I've been looking for. Thanks for posting it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Supplements 24
Training Forum 0
Abbrevi8tor Workout Logs 2
Training Forum 0
Training Forum 9