A pump/weakness grip strength problem mid-workout

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
I have been at this game for a good 7 years now (3 good years) and I've always had a problem with my grip weakness and it kills my workouts sometimes. I do my deadlifts/barbell rows and I have been doing them religiously for about 3 good years and yet no matter how big and strong my forearms and grip feel in the beginning, they wane very quickly on certain days. When I start off with BB-Rows and deads (alternating heavy/medium week to week) by the time I get to pull-ups I am almost no longer capable of holding myself up for pullups and am usually forced to the lat-pulldowns where I struggle to hold onto the bar. By the time I'm at biceps I don't even pick up the heavier weights I am capable of, because even with chalk/straps/etc I am completely unable to hold them. This has been happening to me for a long time and yet it never improves. It's more of an endurance issue I guess? If my grip is good enough to pull 4's in the beginning (don't usually go that high) and then all of a sudden it's too weak to pick up a 50-70 lb dumbbell, then I feel something is wrong...

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
Does your gym have one of those short (12" to 18") bars that you can hang weights from? Those have done WONDERS for my forearms and grip along with reverse grip EZ bar curls.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it fatigue, or do you feel just...weak? I have issues with my ulnar nerve getting pinched when my arms are pumped, basically cutting the signal off to my hands.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get that too Dsade. Not only does it suck but it can ****ing hurt.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing worse than having your grip give out when you are mast...err, lifting.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know I put a lot of effort in my masterlifting too. One slip and it could be a trip to the emergency room.

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
I also have lots of problems with my ulnar nerve to the point that it limits what exercises I can do. Tried every remedy short of relocating the nerve, which is the only thing that is gonna fix it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also have lots of problems with my ulnar nerve to the point that it limits what exercises I can do. Tried every remedy short of relocating the nerve, which is the only thing that is gonna fix it.
You got some nerve!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did that come from your "ghey" folder?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah but it was renamed the Dsade file a while back due to the same things being put in both :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sort of like the gerbil, you, and Brian? The same thing being put in both?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hamster mother****er HAMSTER! Gerbils are for pussies!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hamster mother****er HAMSTER! Gerbils are for pussies!
Gerbils in the front, let me hear you grunt....hamsters in the rear, squeal when you're near!!!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You ALWAYS do this...you ALWAYS take a serious topic and turn it into your private Hustler Forum of PERVERSIONS!!!! I hate you , you bastard.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's my lot in life

It isn't a lot but it's life!

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Is it fatigue, or do you feel just...weak? I have issues with my ulnar nerve getting pinched when my arms are pumped, basically cutting the signal off to my hands.
yeah I get that, too...