Chest workout

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
my arms and everything else seems to form pretty good.. (cept my abs but ill get those eventually) but ya i have a pretty good chest size but not getting what i want maybe they just seem small to me i dont know but if they arent good enough for me its not good enough right? but anyways... i do incline DB...Flat DB and DEcline DB (occasionally) and then do extreme 20 reps of butterflyes but i cant seem to get the upperchest to get bigger and then my outerchest that leads to the back to get more toned up and bigger

fil3113

Awards
Focus more on inclines for your upper chest, maybe add an extra set. Wide grip barbell presses seem to hit my outer pecs a little more, so you may want to give those a try as well.
Make sure you have a slight arch in your back and your shoulders pulled back,(don't be a shoulder bencher). You can also try slowing down your reps, 2 sec lift, pause, 4 second lower. Hope this helps

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Focus more on inclines for your upper chest, maybe add an extra set. Wide grip barbell presses seem to hit my outer pecs a little more, so you may want to give those a try as well.
Make sure you have a slight arch in your back and your shoulders pulled back,(don't be a shoulder bencher). You can also try slowing down your reps, 2 sec lift, pause, 4 second lower. Hope this helps
alright i will try these tips im more of a fan of DB's though can get deeper into the lift with a stretch

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
A (as far as i remember) direct quote from Dex-

"If you want to grow chest, you have to get under the good old BAR. Ronnie does almost all barbell work, and he has the sickest chest ever.... There is a direct link between weight and muscle growth. If you are using 300 lbs for barbell bench, there is no way you are using 150's on dumbell bench with anything close to decent form"

Trust me, this is the first lesson I tought myself about bodybuilding. BARBELL work for chest. IMO 70% of your chest work should be barbell. Good luck.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
alright i will try these tips im more of a fan of DB's though can get deeper into the lift with a stretch
A quote from Dex- (not word for word but as far as I remember)
"If you want your chest to grow, you have to get under the good old BAR. Ronnie does almost all barbell work, and he's got the sickest chest ever... There is a direct link between heavy weight and muscle growth, and if you are benching 300 for reps, there is no way you are using decent forms with 150 lb. dumbells."

I did all dumbell work for a few months because I thought I would be "getting a better stretch" and if my chest went anywhere it got smaller.

True, different strokes for different folks, but try doing about 3/4 barbell work for a while. I bet you will grow better that way.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I say do both. :D

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
ive been doing DB RP's for a while now i think ill switch it up for Barbell...but its not recommended to do RP with BB...so should i just switch to 3 sets? ...im thinking 2 b/c im doing an HIT workout ...also should i switch to incline BB then too??

im still doing my extreme with DB's though