HST training and your experience

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been reading some on the HST training. I would love to hear your thoughts both positive and negative on it. Do you believe in it a all? Does it benefit all levels of lifters i.e. those below genetic potential as well as those at or above?

If you like it how did you combat the feeling that you werent working enough or hard enough?

The concept seems logical and size is what I want more than strenght.....

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey J!

It does work for sure, but it's all about timing. You workout much more frequently like every 2-3 days instead of every 6-7 so that was the biggest thing for me to readjust to! I don't always do it but it's good as an occasional muscle confuser to prompt gains when your normal routine gets flat. Still try to lift in the 10-14 rep range for max hyper (or whatever works best for you generally). No more that 2 heavy sets with HST!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading some on the HST training. I would love to hear your thoughts both positive and negative on it. Do you believe in it a all? Does it benefit all levels of lifters i.e. those below genetic potential as well as those at or above?

If you like it how did you combat the feeling that you werent working enough or hard enough?

The concept seems logical and size is what I want more than strenght.....
Positive: It works.

Negative: It's only general principles and you need to do a run through or three or four to hone in on what set up gives you personally the best results.