Dips...........Question.

solid711

Awards
What muscle group would you put dips under (triceps? lats? chest?), and how many sets and how often should they be done?

Thanks !

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Triceps and Chest and depending on the angle and arm positioning you can make it a chest or tricep dominate exercise.

Sets and frenquency should cohere with the rest of your training program. I do about 3 sets every chest workout day.

solid711

Awards
Thanks.
Can you tell me what you mean specifically re: the arm positioning?

How can I make it Chest or Triceps (what would be the arm positions)?

Regards

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Love those dips. Gotta love hangin big weight from your waist and not knowing if you'll make it up on the last rep! Sweet stuff.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Love those dips. Gotta love hangin big weight from your waist and not knowing if you'll make it up on the last rep! Sweet stuff.
Yeah, it might look "sweet", but it doesn't feel too sweet when you rip your ac joint to shreds. I used to crank out heavy weight dips, and one day i felt the worst pain in my clavicle as i was going for that last rep. I injured the ac joint severely and couldnt lift for about 3 weeks. In fact it still hurts to this day, and i'm on anti-inflammatories. My bench is nowhere near what it used to be. So, just be careful when your doing weighted dips, they can be a very dangerous exercise. I know it looks cool with all that weight dangling off you, but your putting your body in a very compromising position.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I don't add any weight to my dips for that very reasonfbx...I can feel the andgle get compromised when I get tired and as anyone knows, when you exhaust your tris they don't give out slowly.