Looking to change training routine--Advice?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I'm trying to change my workout routine. Ever since the beginning I've been doing some variation of a basic split. I do two days on, one off, two on, one off, repeat. I train each bodypart once every six days. ten sets for each body part (9 for bis/tris). my rep range is between 8-15. I try to do the heavier compound movements in the beginning. An example of my chest workout is...

Incline barbell - 4 sets, 15,10,8,6
flat dumbell - 3 sets, 12,12,10
upward cable flys- 3 sets 12,12,10

I've just come off of a 12 week cycle of prop/tren that made me reevaluate things. I tend to believe I'm one of the cursed few that doesn't see the positives outweigh the negatives and probably won't be using gear again other than IFG-1 or maybe some test only cycles. I want to focus more on the science of the training for growth rather than look to the chemicals for the help. My diet is solid, but I would like some advice on other training methods, namely DC. If anyone could give some advice on it I would appreciate it.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I was doing a 3 day split and hitting bodyparts only once per week. i recently switched up my routine and I have never tried this split before.

I am now doing the Push/Pull split. I do the main compound lifts first and hit 4-5 sets per bodypart per day for a total of 8-10 per week. Rep range of 6-12 typically.

Mon - Push
Tues - Pull
Wed - Off
Thurs - Push
Fri - Pull
Sat, Sun - Off

This gives you the full weekend to recover and allows you to hit each bodypart twice per week. I have only been doing it for a week but I'm liking it alot. I normally cant sit still in the gym so i do a lot of circuit training/supersetting.