Triceps: Rev. Grip Bench: 11-15 RP
Back Width: Rack Chins: 15-20 RP
Back Thickness: Rack Deadlifts: 1 x 6-8, 1 x 3-4

B3)
Biceps: Wide Cable Curls: 15-30 RP
Forearms: Pinwheel Curls: 1 x 12-18
Calves: Seated Calves: 12 DC reps, 10 sec. stretch between reps
Quads: Leg Press: 1 x 8-10; 1 x 20
Hamstrings: SLDL: Sets x 6, adding 10 pds. until can’t do anymore without rest. (Trying for 4 + sets)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
looks good to me. only thing i would be wary about are the 3 types of deads in there. during one of my DC rotations, i had full range deads, RDL's, and rack deads in my split and my lower back became severely overtrained in a matter of weeks. you may be able to get by with it but just be on the lookout for any signs of fatigue in that area. rest of it looks gravy, good mixture of stuff in there ;)

patc12303

Awards
looks good to me. only thing i would be wary about are the 3 types of deads in there. during one of my DC rotations, i had full range deads, RDL's, and rack deads in my split and my lower back became severely overtrained in a matter of weeks. you may be able to get by with it but just be on the lookout for any signs of fatigue in that area. rest of it looks gravy, good mixture of stuff in there ;)
So are you saying I should just use one type of deadlift?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
depends, i see two options. either full range deads alone OR rack deads and RDL's (SLDL's in your case). again, this was just my observation, you may be fine. just something to look for.

patc12303

Awards
I'm new to this and this might sound like a stupid question but what does rp stand for like 11-20 RP? How do I split up the sets and how man reps should be in each set?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
RP = rest pause.

basically, in DC terms, a rest pause example would be this for bench:
225 x max (let's say 11, rack the weight, take 15 deep breaths...)
225 x max (let's say 3 more, rack the weight, take 15 deep breaths...)
225 x max (2-3 more most likely, done)

with that scenario, you would have completed around 17 reps with 2 RP's. you basically max it out, rack it, rest for 15 seconds, max it out again, rack it, max it out one more time - done. it's effective on some movements and impossible on others. you'll notice that most, if not all, DC programs don't have RP's on things like deads and squats, because it's friggin impossible. there's no way you can recover in 15 breaths on lifts such as those, but on something like barbell curls - no problem. in general, you'll get about 3-4 reps on the first rest pause, and about 2-3 on the last one.

patc12303

Awards
How many warmup sets should I do and how many reps for the warmup?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
all depends on the weight you use. in the above example of benching 225, i would say something like:
bar x 20
135 x 8
185 x 3
225 x max

it mostly depends on how much weight you're getting up to. but in the general, the first warmup should be ridiculously light, 20 should be easy. the next one should have a little weight on it but still not hard at all, 5-6 reps is enough. the remaining ones should be 3-4 reps depending on how close you're getting to your final 'all-out' set. on things like squats, i'll need like 6 warmup sets to reach the final weight where my wife may only need 1 warmup set, 2 at the most. all depends on where you're at strength wise.

patc12303

Awards
So how do I determine how many reps? Should I always do like 11 then 3 then 2? How long do these workouts usually last cause they look like they take no time.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
good rule of thumb is to start at a weight you can do 10-12 good reps with, go to failure or close to, rack, breathe, crunch out 3-5 more, rack, breathe, and then crunch out as many more as you can.

I can do RP on lower body movements, hurt like a b1tch though, and prefer to break mine up push/pull or push/pull/legs.

shock

Awards
Looks good. I am trying to make a DC routine right now. What is paramount press ?

combat_action

combat_action

Awards
Where did you "come up" with that routine? It's word for word the same as mine. :jaw: You must be a member of bodybuilding.net or bulknut LOL. I posted my DC on those two sites. I don't care of course, but you should try and pick rest/pause ranges and exercises for YOU. For example, I chose the 15-20 RP's for chest because I just got over a pec tear a while before I started. So I kept it higher than I would've preferred to keep the weight lower. In a perfect world I would've rathered 11-15 myself.

My routine

I made some very solid gains with it. But I made it to suit my OWN needs. You sound relatively new to all this, so you may want to consider what Beezlebub said and drop one of the deadlifts. Also, you should start off with mostly straight sets until you get accustomed to the training.

A program to suit your needs would probably be different than mine. Be sure to build your routine on bringing up YOUR lagging bodyparts.