I want to Compete in my First Contest, Can Anyone Help?

IronMarc

Awards
I've been lifting weights for about 2 years now, I know I am bigger than most guys that go to my local gym, however there are alot of guys on gear in this town too. Anyway, I was thinking of competing in a contest with my friend, we've always wanted to enter a contest, just the fact that we're posing infront of people, and the whole experience, pumping up backstage, all that stuff that was going on in Pumping Iron, etc. As of right now I am 176lbs, 5'7, and a relatively high bf% because I am in a bulk, and I have always been a bit overweight, but I only have a 30inch waist if that helps to put things into perspective a bit more. My real question is, if the contest is June, when should I cut my bulk and start cutting? What kind of training should I do, I know that I have to start dieting alot earlier than most people would so how would I still pack on mass while losing weight? Also are there any supplements I can take to preserve muscle mass while dieting? The reason I am asking you guys and not looking at magazines is because I am sure someone will have real experience with this. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys this forum is great.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been lifting weights for about 2 years now, I know I am bigger than most guys that go to my local gym, however there are alot of guys on gear in this town too. Anyway, I was thinking of competing in a contest with my friend, we've always wanted to enter a contest, just the fact that we're posing infront of people, and the whole experience, pumping up backstage, all that stuff that was going on in Pumping Iron, etc. As of right now I am 176lbs, 5'7, and a relatively high bf% because I am in a bulk, and I have always been a bit overweight, but I only have a 30inch waist if that helps to put things into perspective a bit more. My real question is, if the contest is June, when should I cut my bulk and start cutting? What kind of training should I do, I know that I have to start dieting alot earlier than most people would so how would I still pack on mass while losing weight? Also are there any supplements I can take to preserve muscle mass while dieting? The reason I am asking you guys and not looking at magazines is because I am sure someone will have real experience with this. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys this forum is great.
:gotsearch

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK so first you have determine your bf. Then If i were you post some pics so u can honestly hear what people think, about your weaknesses. Also i would run a search fo rsome of the questions you are asking but you get what give as far real data info...

IronMarc

Awards
I see, I don't know my BF%, but I have posted pics in the past in the picture section. Diet is the hardest part of all this because I am a student and eatin 5-6 meals a day is so hard, and chicken breast is expensive! I know whole foods are important, but can a shake replace a meal?