separated shoulder surgery

nobady

Awards
I go for an MRI next week to see if I have ligament damage, but Xrays showed I have a separated shoulder which from the rough bone edges the Dr. thinks occured about 10-15 years ago?!?
Anyway if there is no ligament damage and I only need to have the bone shaved what should I expect my recovery time to be.
I will talk to my Dr. about this next week but they always seem to exaggerate recovery time.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
I go for an MRI next week to see if I have ligament damage, but Xrays showed I have a separated shoulder which from the rough bone edges the Dr. thinks occured about 10-15 years ago?!?
Anyway if there is no ligament damage and I only need to have the bone shaved what should I expect my recovery time to be.
I will talk to my Dr. about this next week but they always seem to exaggerate recovery time.
The surgery is quick, relatively speaking. I guarantee hardcore soreness and pain, but stick to your physical therapy, 4-6 weeks until you should feel close to 100%. The surgery could be perfect but it is up to the patient to make sure they stick to the PT regimen which can be rigorous and painful.

Best fo luck!