different way to hit front delts???

Lunchbox_81

Awards
i was recently told to try doing front lateral raises with my palms facing inwards instead of facing down. any thought from you guys on if that really works better or just does the same thing?:wtf:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I sometimes do front raises with a hammer grip like that but I'm not sure if it works better than palms down, I just like the way it feels better sometimes.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
If your doing heavy presses for your chest your front delts are going to get enough work. I'd concentrate more on the lateral head and even the posterior.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
bump tho this. also if you do military presses you are hitting them as well. most people need to concentrate more on the lateral and posterior delts.

If your doing heavy presses for your chest your front delts are going to get enough work. I'd concentrate more on the lateral head and even the posterior.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I see people all the time who have way overdeveloped front delts and need more width and rear delt development.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
This is a good way to hit the front delts, but i agree with the others the front delts are normally over developed anyway, so this should be an exercise to help with seperation of the deltoid heads. Also when doing bent over laterals hold the dumbbells end to end and do them like that, that way your rear delts are in the direct line of pull and you take the medial delts out of the movement.

Lunchbox_81

Awards
hey thanks chaps. i'll give that a try seeings how my rear delts are severly underdeveloped. i've been trying different things to get them to par.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Try that and also try doing them one arm at a time with a regular grip or the grip i mentioned earlier but go HEAVY so your form will be looser, kinda like heavy side laterals holding onto a bench, these will pack some meat onto those rear delts.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Anterior delt is the most overtrained muscle in the body (well, unless you count the kids my age that do 50 sets of bi's a few times a week.)