arm pain

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
ok so recently there was a thread discussing a severe pain in peoples forearm when doing bicep work. The general consensus was that it was some form of tendonitis and to wrap it when lifting. I was wondering if it was just an intense pump. I read that when people juice they get intense painful pumps in their backs. I have a pretty huge vein going right across the spot in the middle of my forearm where it hurts. Just to be more specific, it doesn't hurt so much when i'm doing an exercise, but it's unbearable when i put the weight down. I'm 21 6'2" 175 about 12% bf . Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. i will be searching for this will all my free time so if i find an answer before someone gives me one here i will post it up for anyone who experiences this problem.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
ok so recently there was a thread discussing a severe pain in peoples forearm when doing bicep work. The general consensus was that it was some form of tendonitis and to wrap it when lifting. I was wondering if it was just an intense pump. I read that when people juice they get intense painful pumps in their backs. I have a pretty huge vein going right across the spot in the middle of my forearm where it hurts. Just to be more specific, it doesn't hurt so much when i'm doing an exercise, but it's unbearable when i put the weight down. I'm 21 6'2" 175 about 12% bf . Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. i will be searching for this will all my free time so if i find an answer before someone gives me one here i will post it up for anyone who experiences this problem.

I get that if I do "heavy" curls on a straight bar, I use DB’s for this reason. I think it’s because the straight bar forces your wrist into an unnatural position.

RickM

Awards
I have been treated for a fairly severe case of bilateral epicondylitis (tendonitis of the elbow) over the years. Plenty of shots, therapy, two operations on each elbow, and it still gets in the way of everyday life. If I grasp anything with my hands for more than a few minutes, the pain starts. Feels almost like a cramp at first, and gets worse. Sold my motorcycle because of this, and I cant really grab a hold of my steering wheel. Two weeks ago I was painting my bedroom and I had to stop after 30 minutes. However, this is probably not a very normal case.

My pain is there is I am doing the exercise, and starts to fade away after I let go of my grasp.

You can get plenty of opinions on this, but you may want to setup an appointment with a Orthopedic doctor to have it checked out.

Then again... that is just my opinion :)

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
well i found it is a very common problem and most people just work through it...it is def nothing like what you have. Today i did all db work and wrapped it with an ace and that seemed to help, i'll do this for a while till i heal up. thanks for the replies.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well i found it is a very common problem and most people just work through it...it is def nothing like what you have. Today i did all db work and wrapped it with an ace and that seemed to help, i'll do this for a while till i heal up. thanks for the replies.
Does the pain almost feel like it's in the bone about halfway down your forearm? I had that pain a few months ago for a while but it finally went away, and Cissus Rx definitely helped with it for me.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Does the pain almost feel like it's in the bone about halfway down your forearm? I had that pain a few months ago for a while but it finally went away, and Cissus Rx definitely helped with it for me.
yea, that's it...where's the cheapest place to get cissux rx, i never knew what that was untill recently

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
yea, that's it...where's the cheapest place to get cissux rx, i never knew what that was untill recently
It works quite nicely and if you take enough of it (I forget the "anabolic" dose as its been a while since I have used it ) you get a decent pump and it helped me break a few plateaus. That stuff is just plain good in general!